Ups

Sarah

(vent warning :tongue2: )

you know what? i'm tired of looking for my packages. i work 3rds so i love the fact that most of the time ups will leave my package at my front door without ringing my doorbell, which wakes up the dog, which wakes me up, which is not good. but this is getting to be too much. my recent experiences with ups:

*one day this past fall, 3 packages all say delivered when checked online around 7pm. i only have 2 at my front door. after a few minutes of confusion, i check the other side of the duplex we live in. what do you know, sitting right there is my 3rd package.

*i come home a month or more later to a message on my answering machine from a neighbor i don't know. they have a package of mine. (i now see why it's a good thing they put your phone number on the package) luckily they were super nice and dropped my 30+lb box of soaping oils off for me.

*my personal favorite: a month or so ago, we turned onto our road and saw a ups truck sitting at the end of the driveway. we pull up to the house just in time to see the driver sprint up the driveway to the OTHER side of the duplex to drop off a package and back out to the truck. did i mention he had to run past a for rent sign and through some rather deep snow drifts (with no footprints) to get to the wrong side? upon seeing me bitching up a storm to my boyfriend, his coworker sitting next to him pointed out the house numbers to him. the house numbers can be found on the mailbox AND on the actual house.

*today. i get up around 7pm, my boyfriend has been home all day and says my expected package hasn't shown up. check online, yup it has been delivered. take the usual walk outside, no package. other side of the duplex, no package. so i call the ups 800 number (did you know you can't get ahold of them locally?? the lady i talked to said there was no number for her to give me so that i didn't have to bitch to some random person sitting in some other state. even she found this humorous) told them *everything* and i get to wait for them to call me in the morning. then they have to go get the package and bring it to me, of course. i'm not the most patient person in the world when things run late, lol. especially when it's because of stupidity.

so now i figure they will probably be super anal about making sure they hand me my package and have me sign for it (which they never do even when they hand it to me now) which will suck because it will mean they will have to wake me up to do this. :mad:

why is it so hard to make sure the number on the box matches the number on my house?

I feel your pain.. I in the PAST - I had several big mishaps... but with Fed Ex not UPS.. The Fed Ex thing worked itself out, guess it was a new warehouse issue... but our UPS here is nothing less than outstanding.. it is funny how different parts of the country have different feedback on the different carriers.. I hope yours works out its wrinkles.. ;)

Something sorta the same for us and another couple .We both live on entirely 2 different streets.We live on a St Rt and they live on a Country road.BUT we have the same "number" but different streets.Now that is a big boo boo.We got to the point we took each other packages.We told UPS a couple times and still made mistakes.So now we just deliver ourselves.So far the last 2 years things have slowed.Maybe she quit ordering from that catalog.

LynnS