Film/Residue inside jars

Vegetable waxes do tend to leave a film on the glass. From what I've seen, only a hotter burn can eliminate it. However, hotter burns can create other problems. Post a photo and let's see how bad it looks, it might be fine as is.

Edited by rjdaines

There is a big difference between a wax film residue and leftover wax on the sides of jars. Its natural for soy wax to leave a film or 'greasy' looking residue on the sides of the jars. On the other hand, if the sides have wax leftover as the candle burns down you probably need a bigger wick. It will depend on how much wax is left. If its 1/4 to 1/2" thick definitely try a bigger wick. If its 1/4" or smaller I would continue to test the candle and burn to the bottom of the jar. In many cases the wax on the sides may 'catch up' and eventually burn down during the second half to the bottom burn of the candle.

Edited by Candybee

Dear Addict, thank you for answering my 1st post. I'm sorry I'm so slow in answering you as Life really kicked me in the last week ( I kicked back) Unfortunatly I melted down all my jars to try again but thanks for your input. As a newbie this site is like starting at kindergarten. TY.

Dear Candybee, Thanks for all your help. This was a thin to a little bit less thin? ring around the inside usually .25 to 1.00 inches in

height. After reading your post I realize we only burned them for 9 hours. So we better go to the bottom. TY for your advice. I'm really looking forward to learning from this site.

I'm not much with soy. I did play with 464 a bit and kinda liked it. Maybe some day I'll go back.

Candybee has some good observations and advice. If you tell us how thick it is, not how tall, and what the temperature of your glass is towards the end of the burn, we might be able to help. I rather suspect that it is underwicked, but not sure. Sometimes wax on the side "catches up" at the end. And sometimes the flicker inside a residue candle can be entertaining.