Dye chips in Soy

I noticed on another thread that many are using dye chips in their soywax. I've tried both liquid and chips in my past testing..... I'm not able to get the dye chips to completely melt in my wax,,I heat to 180 -185. There's always some colored flecks or pieces floating around.

What temps are you heating your soywax to get chips to melt? Maybe there's a difference in brands.... Hmmm..not sure I want to change cause I'd need to test all over again, but since I'm sorta in the midst of testing new waxes I might try some chips too.

I use the dye chips and find that will happen if I don't melt them first in the pouring pot with my heat gun. Purple and Reds can still be tough but if you stir good it's usually not too bad. You'll see some flecks at the bottom of the jar but typically can be covered by the warning label. If you're making soy melts and want them to be perfect, use some cheesecloth....a pain but it works.

Yes.. put your dye chips in first. Make sure your wax is at least 185 degrees F or they won't melt. Make sure the chips are melted first before adding in your FO. This is important as adding in your FO will lower the wax temp. Red chips are the ones that are the hardest to melt. It can help to cut the chips in half before adding to your pot.