Fragrance combo thread?

classiccandle

Does anyone know if there is a thread in this forum where people have shared their fragrance combinations? I would like to start attempting to mix some of my own but would like an idea of where to start.

Is there a favorite supplier(s) for base fragrances or are they like the other oils, hit and miss?

Thanks!

I'm not very good at blending but I would like to be one day. i've blended a few things, not very many though. Maybe you could do a search for blends or blending on here.

Sometimes looking at dessert or cake recipes gives me ideas to blend some bakery scents. That might help a little!

Sorry, I'm not much help :o(

Great links, thanks (smile)

I've been off studying perfumes, notes, mixing etc.. And I've also been looking for a supplier that has a lot of good linear base fo's for mixing... I have noticed that Oregon Trails has a decent selection.. However, from what I can tell they have no sample offers. They offer 2 oz'ers and some of those bases are pretty high (sandlewood etc). Which would be ok if you could be a little assured by reading good reviews but, they dont post reviews! (amazing how I've come to rely on those lol)...So I/ve tried doing forum searches on them. I came up with a few discussions that praised the fo's highly and a few more with customer service complaints.

I'm going to bite the bullet and order at least a couple ( I really want that True Musk lol) I'll make sure to post back on all the fo's/customer service...They really should offer samples and reviews. Bet that would increase business quite a bit....

Edited by Ivy

I just wanted to mention that if you google a search for "fragrance mixology" or "yank** mixology" you will find a few sites that are dedicated to mixing ideas. The one I like in particlar is specific to blending Yank** scents, however it will still give you some really good ideas, not only for the scent blending ideas but it also has some really creative name ideas for seasonal scent blends. Hope some of you may find it useful. If you do, and you come up with an awesome blend, report back!

Just wanted to add that the site I find most useful is not sponsored by "Y".

Edited by megandgarr