CandyBee Shaving Soap Mold Pic

ChandlerWicks

Wow! That is nice. So-- Home Depot will cut the PVC to size, and they also have that bottom piece that you fit the PVC cut mold piece into? Wonder how much that costs? Probably less than the column mold at BB I'm sure.

But I can't tell how big that bottom piece is. I want a 3-4" round I think.

post-13614-139458512643_thumb.jpgHere are my directions for my mold, I paid $40 used. Print out all 3 pics & take with you to HD, They should be able to find everything for you. The silicone liner feels like a plastic placemat. My mold is 16.5" & 3 2/8", Base 5" square by 1" thick. I'll try to find out what she paid at HD.

My PVC tube has imprinted on outside "J-M Manufacturing 3" SCH 40 PVC"

post-13614-139458512647_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChandlerWicks

I looked at both Home Depot and Lowes Home Improvement and found the fittings under "pvc pipe and fittings". There are a couple different types of cappers; one that fits with it inside and one that goes over the outside. Both look perfect but I like the inside one as it will fit flush on the end and looks like you can stand it on the end. Plus they are just a dollar or so a piece. The outside fitting cappers are more expensive and I can't tell if you can sit the pipe on end with it on.

The piece in the pictures looks like the falange fitment. I can't tell from the pics if the falange caps would work as a stand and keep the mold sealed too. I guess a trip to Lowe's or Home Depot is on my agenda...

I like an inside fitting cap. I think that would be the best sealer. The ones I saw on their website looked like you could cap off the top and bottom of your pipe and stand it on end without the falange piece. But its hard to tell from the pictures. I will try to hit Lowes this weekend after my farmers market and see if I can figure it out.

But I am finding 1/2, 1, 1 1/2, 2, 3 and 4" pipes. I just checked my mugs and the majority of them are 2 1/2 - 3" inside diameter. I want to make soap that will fit in a standard size coffee mug. That way I can buy mugs on the cheap and use them for shaving mugs. The problem looking online is inding the pipe fitments in the right size for the right pipe.

Inside diameter of my mold is 3", outside 3 2/8. Yes, you're right, I think if you secure the tube somehow, it'll work fine without the base if you can't find one.

My cap has written on the top " Knock-out with hammer #238703 Cherne Industries Incorporated" Maybe HD or Lowe's will have the same brands.

If the cap isn't as tight fitting as you need it, couldn't you put plastic wrap & rubberband it, then put base & cap?

Edited by ChandlerWicks