Peak's "Red Clove" in soap: what to mix with it?

Darbla

Darbla I just ordered the same red clove for my soap. I was planning to use it with my 5x orange.

It should also mix well with other spices; black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, etc. I think red apple or a pumpkin scent would also be nice.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

I don't want to recreate pumpkin pie or pumpkin spice, and some of those other spices are not skin safe. I dug around in my junk room and the apple ones I already have are not skin safe. I thought about orange but already have other versions of that. But you gave me an idea with pepper: I have "Pink Pepperberry" from Backwoods and it is soap-safe. Hmmmmmm.....

All of the spices I mentioned are all skin safe FOs. I am well aware that there are oils out there that are unsafe for soapmaking. You just have to look for the soap safe ones like the Red Clove that you can use safely in soap. If you like I can tell you which suppliers carry the soap safe ones.

Good luck with the Pepperberry. I once used it in MP and was not happy with it. Very weak even in MP. Maybe it works better in CP.

Thanks, dear. If I keep digging around in my dragon's hoard I probably have some of those that would work. I'm starting to come around to just leaving it plain red clove, because that's going to be different since it is more often mixed with these other options than just left on it's own. I've been sniffing "Pepperberry" and you are probably right; this isn't computing in my brain as something that would work with clove.

I just soaped the Red Clove yesterday. So far I am not liking it. Even thou I blended it with some oils I have used before there is still a detectable note of that dentist office clove in it. I love clove but I like the bakery type clove and not the medicinal clove. This smells more medicinal to me. Maybe when it cures it will mellow out.

Hmmm... I've been looking at that Hooah! at Soapalooza. I remember way back when someone mentioned they soaped it and liked it. Maybe it was you?!!

Here's an update on the Red Clove soap. I had mixed it with SGS Cinnamon and MW Dark Knight FOs, along with a dash of Bay Rum EO. At first both the Bay Rum EO and the Red Clove FO overpowered the other scents and I got a camphorous medicinal smelling batch for a couple of days. Ick!!

This morning I picked up a bar and the scent is already mellowing out. Now I smell exactly what I was looking for; a top note cinnamon with clove spice and bay rum scent. I am liking it a lot. Gonna call it Cinnamon Bay. Next time I'm gonna skip the bay EO. MW's Dark Knight has enough of the bay EO.

Heres my formula:

Cinnamon (3 parts) + Dark Knight (2 parts) + Red Clove (1 part) = Cinnamon Bay

I use moroccan red or rhassoul clay mixed with madder root for a nice earthy clay red.

Edited by Candybee