Your Basic Shipping Process

Grani L

Could any of you that either sell on eBay or stay give me your basic shipping process. I know I will need a scale to weigh the packages but is your scale hooked to your printer and then you click a button and print the label? How is this done? Any suggestions I will be grateful for.Thanks.

I've only mailed a few things but what I did was get an account with USPS. It walks you through the process. You will have to weigh if you aren't going flat rate (I think that's right). It's pretty simple or at least the few that I've mailed have been. I worry about that too if/when I decide to start mailing tarts to people.

HTH

Hi Grani L, This may not be the info you were looking for but this is what I do. I don't have a large volume of shipping but,

I have an account w/ usps too. I weigh with my candle scale or if it's heavier I just use my "people scale". Usps just asks you the weight so I have found that you don't have to be exact. You enter addresses "from" and "to" then the weight and it will give you options with prices. You can then choose the one u want and print and pay for the postage all from your computer. U can have the mailman pick it up from your house (or wherever) you are shipping from. It is SO convenient.

HTH, Fran

I ship all the time. :) You do want to a have a scale.... even an oz can make a difference in the price of shipping. The scale isn't hooked up to the printer. Even the flat rate boxes/envelopes have to be weighed. You can print shipping labels through paypal or the usps.com. It is cheaper to do it online than it is to do at the post office. Anything under 13 oz can be shipped first class, anything above has to be shipped priority. You can schedule a pickup at your house but you have to have at least 1 priority mail item.

I mostly ship items through paypal. Even if they don't pay through paypal, you can use the paypal.com/shipnow to enter in the info.

I buy my bubble envelopes on ebay and I get my boxes free from usps.com.

You can invoice people through paypal, yes. But if you don't have a website, they would just email you their orders and then you send them an invoice. If you have a website, there's a way to set up the processing through paypal. I sell through Etsy so that's how my orders are processed. I have paypal available and then they can also pay directly with a credit/debit card.

I ship all the time,the above answers are great.Are you giving a estimated shipping on your site?If so just go to postal price calculator and enter your zip code and then pick a zip code that is the longest distance from you and enter that zip code and follow instructions .Great for estimated shipping.You can offer refunds for over shipping costs or not.