Shrink Wrap tarts

So I'm trying to put my final touches on my product and trying to decide how to box things up per say. I only do tarts by single cup cake size, ellipso cup and clamshells. I want to shrink wrap the single cupcake size ones to keep them from getting knicked up, etc. Does anyone else shrink wrap tarts?

Yankee Candle and other "biggies" shrink wrap theirs. Maybe the experience that "kforbs126" had was limited to that one seller.

Maybe they smelled bad before they were wrapped.

I don't wrap mine because it's a pain in the butt to do by hand.

JMO/HTH

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

Yankee Candle and other "biggies" shrink wrap theirs. Maybe the experience that "kforbs126" had was limited to that one seller.

JMO/HTH

Dave how do you "wrap" your single tarts? I'm just trying to get ideas. I have a million in my head and a few different options already at my house but I always look for better options.

Dave how do you "wrap" your single tarts? I'm just trying to get ideas. I have a million in my

head and a few different options already at my house but I always look for better options.[/QUOTI

I doubt that my "option" is better. That's why I don't do it anymore. I simply bought a roll of shrink wrap, an 8" Impulse sealer and a heat gun off of eBay and went to town on them. There was a lot of cutting and sealing and some burnt pinkies in the venture. The process was too slow and tedious for me to continue with it. I also wrapped votives. I was trying to produce a product that appeared similar to Yankee's line. I've since found shrink "tubing" on eBay that, in my opinion would have been easier to work with.

Someone with more patience than me might not mind the task.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Dave

JMO/HTH

Oh I'm sure it was limited to that one seller. It was a very weird skunk/chemical plastic smell and when a few of use brought it to the attention of the seller she indeed admitted it was from the new shrink wrap she switched to. I'm not saying all shrink wrap smells like that but there is indeed one out there that does and it's horrible smelling.

As I promised in a PM, I experimented today with wrapping tart melts.

All week long I've been wrapping melt and pour soap bars and I felt a similar procedure should work with the tarts and votives.

I expect there will be members who will disagree with this technique. It's anyone's prerogative to do so.

I used restaurant food grade stretch film (Not Saran Wrap) that can be purchased at many locations including Costco, Sam's Club and Bj's. to name a few.

The box should have a slide cutter on it making the process easier.

Pull and cut-off about 3" of film for tarts (More for Votives) and CAREFULLY lay the strip on a cutting surface.

Using a VERY sharp, non serrated, knife cut the strip into 3" squares. The film is very "clingy" so you need to be careful not to let it overlap onto itself.

Place a tart with the top (widest side) down in the center of a square of film and while using a finger to gently hold the tart down pull and stretch the film up and to the bottom (narrow side) of the tart. You want to make sure the film is taught.

You can trim some of the excess bunched up film with scissors if you like, but I just smoothed it down and applied a round label 1 1/4" (votive warning size) that I designed and printed to cover the bottom of the tart.

In my honest opinion the packaged tart looked nicer than the ones from Yankee that are shrink wrapped. There were no visible seams or rough edges. The same result was achieved when I wrapped some votives.

At first the process was a bit slow, but within a five minute period, I found it easy to wrap and label 10 tarts quite easily within a minute or so.

I guess my wife and I will be wrapping our tarts and votives again!

Virtually no expense to wrap the tarts, only a minimal amount of time. It's a winner in my opinion.

JMO/HTH