Fall FOs for CP soap

mindyw86

I need suggestions for fall scent that work well in CP. pumpkin, spice, apple anything really. I would love something that doesn't discolor too badly. But any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Also a good baby powder FO for CP too.

Tia

Cinnamon Apple Peach from Southern Gardens ought to be on your list. I have 10ish lbs of the stuff and haven't soaped it so I can't comment about what it will do, but I know others have and it sticks.

Talk Kelly (Soapalooza I believe) into carrying Acorns and Black Oak or something like that ... divine. It really would make a great year-rounder. I just haven't seen on the site yet to get it.

Sorry, I'm a whole lotta of not much help on this aren't I?

NG's Pumpkin Apple Butter soaps fine, discolors some, but it morphs some too, however it's a nice morph.

Thanks, that cinnamon apple peach sounds great. Are there any other must haves from Southern Gardens? They aren't too far from me and the shipping seems to not be so bad. I still do soap and candles so any others I should try from them since I am already ordering? Thanks :)

Ooh yes. IMO they have the best dragon's blood (I see they're out though), twilight dream I believe it is called (twilight something) is good, and black pepper is great, but they aren't carrying it any more dang! Lemme think ... stress relief (apparently out too dang!), euc and spearmint I believe; Goddess (does darken soap); rosemary mint; vervaine olive blossom.

I have to wonder on the spiced glazed walnut. That sounds good.

For fall my friends & family like Sweet Pumpkin Spice and Spiced Cranberry from Peaks. The pumpkin discolors to brown but nobody seems to mind. Both are easy to soap and the scent holds well.

Pumpkin Creme Brulee - Aroma Haven

Country Bumpkin - NG

When they did the Goddess pre-buy at SGS, I picked up some of the Burberry. This is absolutely wonderful in soap. Have not tried it in wax yet. And, like everyone has said, their Dragon's Blood is the bomb.

eta... Just saw you wanted this for CP. I haven't used the Pumpkin Creme Brulee in soap but did try the Country Bumpkin. I used some pumpkin puree and it moved very fast for me. Almost soap on a stick.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

Chai Tea from Oregon Trails soaps very easily, but does discolor to a medium tan. Which works for the scent. I'll add a little cocoa or brown mica to the bottom layer for a darker base then layer with uncolored base. Sprinkle with a bit of nutmeg or cinnamon. Turns out very nice.

Ones I've soaped from SGS that work well are:

Twilight Dream (formerly from Old Mill forgot its old name)

Kisses of Honey (formerly Bacci de Miele from Old Mill and my all time fav honey)

Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey (hands down best OMH out there)

Lavender - perfect but pricey; smells more herbally OOB but soaps into a lovely lavender like in a field of fresh picked lavender

Burberry for Men - worth the price

Bay Rum - great BR can smell the rum notes but the best is MW's Dark Knight

All of them stick. Most of them I make into goat milk & honey soap so I always get a slight tan or medium tan with them. But the lavender I know I used coconut milk and no A or D. I blend the burberry and bay rum 50/50 and get a slight A&D but still soaps lovely and is very spicy mix.

Edited by Candybee