Master Bedroom Re-do & a few other projects

megandgarr

So I havent been on the boards much lately as I have been spending so much time working on redecorating our master bedroom, plus a few other country-ish farmhouse decor to add some cute touches.

We had honey colored pine furniture so rather than buying new, I decided to get out the paint cans and stain. I ended up painting 2 side tables, an armoire, dresser, a vanity & mirror and 3 wooden crates white and then I stained the tops of wood in a dark stain. We repainted the walls (they were originally a mustard yellow) and added some stained wood planks as a headboard. I have been hitting the antique malls to find some cute vintage pieces to use as containers. I found a couple of enamelware pots to use as planters, and then I used some old picture frames found at good will for $1 each and turned them into a lantern. Then I converted our old traditional mirror that hung above the dresser into a faux "window frame" and added a little wreath. Phew, I am tired and I do not want to pick up a paint brush for quite some time. Oh yah, and I also picked up a vintage milk can. It was originally a pukey looking peach color and, well now it isnt. There might be more that I can not think of at the moment. Here are a few pictures (sorry, they didnt upload in order) or you can view them on my blog.... www.justaddsomejava.blogspot.com

post-12144-139458511071_thumb.jpg

post-12144-139458511076_thumb.jpg

post-12144-139458511078_thumb.jpg

post-12144-139458511082_thumb.jpg

post-12144-139458511086_thumb.jpg

post-12144-139458511088_thumb.jpg

post-12144-139458511091_thumb.jpg

post-12144-139458511094_thumb.jpg

post-12144-139458511097_thumb.jpg

post-12144-139458511099_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much! It has been fun but tiring at the same time. We have one more room in the house that I still want to change the paint color and then I am calling it done for awhile. As my hubby keeps telling me, we have lost square footage in our house because I have painted the walls so many times, LOL...

Beautiful creative work!! You did an amazing job!! Thanks for sharing (now this might inspire me to finally finish painting in our master bedroom- seems to be low on the priority list somehow!!)

Wow!!! Just Beautiful!! I love the pillar lantern w/pinecones and the milk cans. Everything is just so pretty! You should be very proud of your awesome work! You definitely need to hook up w/an Interior Designer....you've got the knack for it girl!!! :)

Thanks so much!

Juanita... I would love to do interior design and crafty things for a living, however I only have an eye for my own personal style. There are so many different styles out there that I would completely flop at (modern, industrial, minimalist, art deco, mid century, traditional, etc). If everyone wanted their home to be rustic/country/farmhouse style, then I would be all set. So for now I just continue to paint anything that I can get my hands on in my house. Hmmm, I wonder what I can paint next?!