Which face mask would you prefer?

Spellkast

A facial mask consisting of dry ingredients that you need to mix with water before using?

OR

A facial mask that is pre-mixed and wet, but contains a preservative?

I make clay masks right now with all sorts of great ingredients, but find that my customers hate having to mix it with water, or yogurt or whatever. But I can't find any way to make it with the water added and NOT use a preservative (which of course my customers don't like) So, other than using dead sea mud...which is super expensive with shipping and all, I can't see a way to do this. I just need to figure out which people would prefer more. And also, if I DO add the water with a preservative, will the mask dry out in the packaging? I made one about 2 weeks ago and packaged it in those heat sealable tear away packets...and it's still wet and moist. But I'm not sure if it will dry out, say, a couple months down the line. Has anyone tried this? Please help me!!!!!! :D

I just discontinued my wet mask after about a year of selling. First, it took about 10X the ingredients to make a malibu tube full as it does to sell the dry powder. I could hardly make my cost back. Sucked. Also, it's very heavy, and costs a lot to ship. Not enough people were interested to make it worth it.

From a buyer's perspective, I can tell you that I wouldn't go for one or the other just b/c it was wet or dry, I would buy according to the quality of ingredients and the problem I was having with my skin.

And i did have to add a preservative to the wet mask, which I hated.

Thanks for your input, everyone!!! I'm thinking now of changing to dead sea mud...lol...one of the members said she'll be hosting a co-op for it within the next few months...so until then, I'll just keep using my dry stuff...unless I make the wet stuff to order- this way it doesn't dry out in the packaging. And since I use Optiphen as a preservative, people may not mind it as much. I know, personally, I've never used a mask that needed to be mixed before use. BUT- I probably wouldn't mind it, knowing that I could make it to the consistency I like and have it be fresh. Also, people can add yogurt or egg yolk or other such things instead, if they so choose. Ok, well, still got a lot of thinking to do!!! But thank you all!!!