415 or 464 users

Hello. I hope someone can chime in here. I am testing Candlesciences Honeysuckle Jasmine in Jelly Jars. I used just 1 oz of FO for 16 oz of wax. Added fo at 185, poured around 100. Cured for 3 -4 weeks. CD 12 wick. Cold Throw Pretty strong. Hot throw not doing well at all.For those who use this FO with 415, do you use a bit more FO, do you use a different wick type or do you add this FO at a lower temp? I tried a few FO's in 415, but I think I will float back to 464. I have have some scents throw with it with a shorter cure time.

415 can be very finicky with fragrance oils. When I used 415 exclusively I always used USA & Eco wicks. Added FO at 175 - 180. Stirred like a mad woman and poured at 100. Honeysuckle Jasmine from CS did very well with an Eco 10 in a JJ. For me anyway. :)

Try adding some USA maybe or pluck the wick and stick a Eco wick in :)

i use 415..but have not tested that fo. like lizzy said..415 sometimes just will not give a good HT..in certain fo's..

but when you find the one that do..they will throw wonderful..but I think you will find this same problem with any wax you choose..

testing is the only thing, that will let you know if it has a good HT..

Also do a search on 415..you will find many threads..and information on fo's that do well in 415..

Good luck...have fun..it is addicting..

My go to candle wax is 415. I really really love it. I add my FO between 185-195 and stir for 3 min. As others have said, not all FO's will throw in soy. Personally, I only keep about 10% of the fo's I try. But the 10% I do keep throw wonderfully and keep my customers coming back for more.

The name of the game with soy is testing..testing..testing... like I said, not all fo's are going to throw and the only way to know, is to test.