Coming up for air.. WOW this place, another ??

I have been pouring over these threads. I read the threads on testing results for wicks, other threads on the old boards..all the mods FAQ's and personal threads here. I think I have it down to what size i want, what 3 wicks i want to test. I have the soy material I want to buy (I want to try the EZsoy). Most my questions were answered among the pages but what Id like to know is this. Who buys from Bittercreek? I live 30 min from them and I would really rather not pay to have stuff shipped from all over the usa. Are their scents decent? which are favorable? from what I gather on their site, you have to call in an order. you cant GO there and order. Well I want to smell their scents lol.

Now with that said.. I would be willing to pay to ship frangrance if its good. (fo is frangrance I gather? Im usually good at figuring abbrv but the o has me stumped)

Thanks for your time.

Tiff

Yes FO stand for Fragrance OIL that is where the O come into it.

BCN is a good company and they do have some very nice FOs and a large selection. I how ever have found better of the same FOs else where so don't order much from them any more but if I lived that close it would be a different story. I have to have everything shipped to me.

I actually like their fragrance oils a lot. Have not had a bad one yet. But I am still fairly new at this. I like their melonade, twigs n berries, and pumkin pie. They also have wick your wax scents that are a bit more spendy but I can use less because they go further. I have not used their wax but I know ez-soy is popular among some of the peeps here. I live about 3 hours away (southeastern Minnesota) so I have my stuff shipped. My father in law has a cabin near Superior Wisconsin and I plan to load up next summer when I go up. I thought you could drive there and shop??? :confused: Let me know. HTH

Good Luck...I also love their online support (during the day). They are quick to answer any of your ???s.

Its a ease off my mind to know this is what seems to be, a reputable company. At least known :) Looking at shipping costs, Im glad i live close LOL

I will need to go through their list. Im such a sucker for the spice scents but I guess in all fairness i should make something OTHER than cinnabun, pumpkin, apple lol. I also know they have tagged ones that they tested and deemed good for their soy waxes.

Thanks ya'll! Ill check about their showroom... ok i looked and this is what it says: I guess ill have to go snif then come home to place the order then go back to pick it up. oh well still mucho cheaper than having it shipped :)

We would like to welcome you to stop by our new showroom! Samples of all of our fragrances are on display for your sniffing pleasure! We also have a sample vial of each of the fragrances from Bitter Creek North in Wisconsin here for sniffing as well! See our assortment of Glassware, Tins, Molds. Labels, Closeouts and many other items on display!

NOTE:

This is not a store, it is only a showroom. We are a mail-order warehouse and cannot take walk-in orders! Please call in your order at least a day in advance, and we will contact you to let you know when it is ready for pick up.

Thank You!

I have companies near me and lucky BUT I do order from BCN and BCS.Just certain ones I like that companies near me do not carry.They may eventually.

For you being so close YES I would go for it.The shipping is alot and if a company nearby I would do it.I am sure they let you go in and smell some and make a decision.E-mail them.Seems like awhile back someone picked up a order and smelled some FO's while there.I am sure it is like a store.

LynnS

That seems odd to me that they wouldn't take orders from a showroom. :confused: I know that Lonestar and Taylored Concepts here both have showrooms, it is at the same location as the warehouse and they pull my order while I am there. The EZ soy is nice and does well for me. I agree with Vicky, they have some nice FO's but I haven't ordered any from them in a while as I have found the ones I need elsewhere. They really have a good selection of stuff, almost like a onestop shop. Good luck to you.

We would like to welcome you to stop by our new showroom! Samples of all of our fragrances are on display for your sniffing pleasure! We also have a sample vial of each of the fragrances from Bitter Creek North in Wisconsin here for sniffing as well! See our assortment of Glassware, Tins, Molds. Labels, Closeouts and many other items on display!

NOTE:

This is not a store, it is only a showroom. We are a mail-order warehouse and cannot take walk-in orders! Please call in your order at least a day in advance, and we will contact you to let you know when it is ready for pick up.

Thank You!

Are you talking about Bitter Creek SOUTH??? BCS has some really good scents. I don't like the scents from BCN as much and they don't seem to sell too well for me either so I've stopped using them.

You can order & pick it up....then they have this huge display of every oil. So you can sniff the ones you're questioning, make notes & buy them on your next order.

You'll be pleased with their stuff I'm sure. Its a nice place to one stop shop, that's for sure! My DH stops in there and picks up my wax for me when he's in that area.

If you have some oils that you'd like to sniffy, I may be able to send you a sample sniffy

Hey Tiff! Welcome!

My ILs live in Missouri City, so when we visit, or they come here (Seguin), we pick up a big batch of wax and/or FOs. Truthfully, I'm not nuts about BCS's FOs. There are probably 5 I like and 2 I sell. BCN has some good ones that I really like, and hopefully, they will send more and more down to BCS as time goes on.

I use EZ Soy as well, and I can tell you from experience that shipping wax and your containers are the two largest shipping expenses you're going to have. If you can pick up either or both of those, paying to ship FO isn't going to be too bad.

As for picking a variety of FOs, I found that I spent soooo long in testing wax and wick and container combos that I burned through at least 2 pounds of FOs, so I would definitely start with those that appeal to you, without worrying a bit about what other people like. Once you have your wax/wick/jar combo right, then you can start trying other FOs off of your favorite list.

Another hint - I wouldn't expect to go to BCS's showroom and expect to know exactly what you want to order. So, you probably would have to go home and decide anyway, even if they took orders! Even now, I have to write down the top fifty million things I want, then figure out which ones I can cross off the list to bring the order in under budget, LOL! So, plan to just spend an hour perusing the FOs - the showroom there is not big at all, mostly it spotlights their FOs from BCN and BCS, and you can spend hours just sniffing. They have all the containers they offer on display, but the selection is not just giant, so you probably will spend the whole time sniffing.

I hope that helped, it's really a blessing that you live so close - if EZ Soy doesn't work for you, I would definitely recommend trying their other soys before even thinking about moving to a different supplier, it's rare to find a wax supplier so close, and it is SO expensive to ship!

Again, welcome, and I hope you have fun making your first purchases!

You guys are so nice here and helpful!! Since they are so close, I think I might just use that as an excuse to leave the kids at home with dad and take a gander over for some sniff action.

I know that foodtown has a canning section Im going to go look over there because our local super HEB only has regular jars and nothing else. no other supplies at all. I love walmart so I will check them out too.

Anyway I feel armed with good knowlege and I feel if I plan this right I can make wise choices to minimize frustrations although I fully understand those are a given with testing ANYTHING new :)

Tiff