Etsy Sellers Beware

This is a first for me so I thought I would post it here because seriously it reinforce my opinion of Etsy.

Someone opened a case against my store because the scent of the item they bought is not as described. This is LMAO and I copied the description from the supplier.

This person has 0 feedback and just registered on Etsy last month. This could be a competitor or someone trying to get something for free and thanks to Etsy they're going to get it.

What's next I did not like the color of an eye shadow, the texture of a cream, the soap did not lather enough, the lipstick wasn't creamy enough, the wax didn't melt fast enough, the flame wasn't high enough...

That sucks :( and Etsy is never very good about siding with the seller as opposed to the buyer, even if the buyer is being a jerk.

I got neutral feedback once because the buyer thought there was too much cinnamon smell in my pumpkin SPICE lotion bar... she loved everything else about it, but too much cinnamon. go figure...

I think some new buyers don't understand the open case thing. It happens quite a lot. they think it's part of the feedback system. Etsy does side with the seller, we just don't hear about it a lot because people won't really talk about that in the forums. I had a silly case opened against me several years ago with another shop and Etsy sided with me.

I just issued a full refund for the order it is not even worth the time because Etsy will just send me one of their generic e-mail. I just find it funny that this buyer registered with Etsy 5 days prior to making this purchase and has no feedback or no other purchases in their account.

I have been selling online for over 12 years now, I never has any problems on my web site, e-bay or my previous Etsy store but I have noticed that in the last 2 years every time there is an issue it seems to be with a young girl who spent $10.00 or less.

I recently had someone leaving a negative feedback because and I quote: "the texture of the cream she received did not resemble the one in the picture"!

I just bought some digital paper on Etsy a few days ago, I think that I am going to open a case because the dots are not as big as I thought they would be and the shade of pink is not what I expected...maybe I can get my money back too.

I love Etsy but their feedback and generic emails are not great.

I had someone open a case with me once AFTER she and I had solved the problem. She was one of those customers who I dreaded when she ordered. It was always a lot of work. She'd order something but want it in a different color or blah blah. It was when I did hair accessories. I would always tell her to message me first so I could do a special listing. anyway, she opened a case once because one of the clips was bigger than she thought. Even though I had the dimensions of them in the listing and she'd ordered from me before. Some customers are crazy.

The younger teen crowd of buyers is kind of getting on my nerves. I love teens but they don't always understand the consequences of what they do. I get so many free requests from teen bloggers for my makeup.

Now I'm just rambling. lol.

I hope the case doesn't go further than where it's at!

That sucks :( and Etsy is never very good about siding with the seller as opposed to the buyer, even if the buyer is being a jerk.

Yes, it sucks, but Etsy has always sided with me- the seller. You just don't here about it often because most people do not post about their good experiences with Etsy.

Etsy's feedback system is not perfect, but it is better than some other sites. I just wish that the seller was able to respond to the comment left which would allow for the buyer to draw his/her own conclusion.

And on the bright side I have a lot of repeat customers and some people leave the nicest feedbacks. I will never understand how one customer can love a product and another hate it, even though it's the exact same product, same scent, same packaging.

As for Etsy they sent me the same old generic BS...thank you, I am so glad I am paying you all that money.

By the way Noodle - I am no longer on e-bay but I remember that you had to contact the seller before leaving a negative feedback.

And on the bright side I have a lot of repeat customers and some people leave the nicest feedbacks. I will never understand how one customer can love a product and another hate it, even though it's the exact same product, same scent, same packaging.

I think most of us have experienced that truism at one time or another. It's an ironic business.