First attempt at marbling

These are my first try with marbling. I poked holes down the sides with liquid color and used a heat gun. I am not too happy with the outcome. I am going to try pouring from two pots at the same time tomorrow. Hopefully they will look better. Does anyone with experience care to help with any hints? I have been looking all over for a technique, but only found these 2.post-16288-139458510711_thumb.jpg

Not sure how this would work in your jars, but chunk some wax in there, pour your melted wax to cover and I hope it would be hot enough that if you dropped color into it that it would disperse. You can top off later, but it might be worth a try, or maybe roll some chunks in color and then drop into the wax.

If anyone would know.... .......... you would Julie. For regularmarbled candles CandleKitty was a huge help. I would tell people to search the archives since we all put our 2 cents worth in years ago.....and I LEARNED so much from YOU. My husband died in Feb.......so now it is time to start a studio again. Of course I will go back and see what you have been doing and refresh my mind. I think I forgot how to make candles. (not) I did order 200 lbs of regular pillar was from Candlewic many months ago.......Yippee. I heart wax. Donita