Home Interior Bake Apple Dupe

awnl

Hi Everyone.. I know this topic has been discussed before, just can't locate it. Looking for HI Bakes apple scent. Just order/received RE/AHBaked apple HI type scent and was very disappointed with it. Too much cinnamon apple scent. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Guest OldGlory

I am not a big fan of bakery type scents, but Aztec's Baked Apple Pie kicks butt. I pour it for a wholesale client and it's her second best selling candle. Aztec's Rain is her best seller. (464 with Premier wicks, all from Aztec)

This may be of no help to you, but it looked like a good place to offer an opinion on how to get that perfect fragrance you are trying to find and/or replace

MAKE IT YOURSELF!

One of the fun things about this craft for me is creating fragrances. Actually it's the only FUN thing left for me.

It does mean a small investment in fragrances that you might not want to use as stand-alone scents, but once you have them in your "laboratory" they can be very cost effective.

To make a "Baked Apple" fragrance you might just need to blend three basic fragrances together in a proportion that you like. Apple / Pie Crust / Cinnamon.

I make all of my own pie & cake fragrances. I enjoy it and I get bragging rights that I can label our candles with "Our Own Recipe".

I make "American Apple Pie" for our shop. By adding other basic fruits that can do double, triple or even more duty I can whip up a batch of;

Peach, Strawberry-Rhubarb, Cherry, Key Lime, Blueberry, Lemon Merinque, Chocolate Cream, Coconut Custard, Mulberry and other "pies".

I also keep "Cake Bake" and "Buttercream" in stock. It's fun and it's practical to make my own. I'm also not at the mercy of some other fragrance blender's nose.

I'd also like to throw in, that you might want to keep it in the back of your mind that a name on an FO bottle can seriously predjudice you into smelling something that may not be really be there or "true".

When I buy or create new FO's I get my wife to sniff and tell me what she thinks they are. Despite her protests, she seldom guesses right. Once I reveal the name to her, she almost always adds; "Oh yeah! I smell that now! You're right!" Try this yourself. I'll bet you'll be surprised.

If you don't want to blend your own FO's you might want to search for samples of other apple named fragrances. I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but the base fragrance for our popular "AAP" is not "Apple". It's "Granny's Kitchen" that I apple-up a bit and add a smidge of "Pie Crust" FO. It "Rocks"!

HTH/JMO

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

David, thanks for suggesting blending my own signature scent. I might be able to use thescent I brought by adding some moreapple and pie crust fo. Do think a Red Delicious or Macintosh work for the apple. Thanks again

David, thanks for suggesting blending my own signature scent. I might be able to use thescent I brought by adding some moreapple and pie crust fo. Do think a Red Delicious or Macintosh work for the apple. Thanks again

I think of all of the fragrances out there "Apple" (My personal favorite!) is the most subjective.

I'm still "shopping" for the best!

Maybe we need to start a thread on that topic. . . "Who has the best Apple FO?"

Thanks for calling me "David". I actually prefer that name to "Dave". My family and closest friends always call me "David". When my DW want's to "push my button" she will call me "Dave", pause and then wait for my dirty glare or nasty come-back. (lol)

DAVID

I love the idea of mixing and creating your own signature scent. In my experience although, It seems like when I get an wild hair to experiment I'll do a little of this, some of that, a couple drops of this and my wild hair smells like sweaty scalp. How do you begin to figure your formula so you don't wind up with wa$ted FO:confused:

The thing I like about Baked Apple is that it does not smell like Apple Pie. My Apple Pie has crust but Baked Apple is just spices and cooked apple rather than crisp apple.

Sixx-I use the trusty ziploc bag and qtip method. In fact, last night I started 6 new bags with blend hopefuls. Eager to get home from work and sniff the results. Those I like will go into wax this weekend.

I love the idea of mixing and creating your own signature scent. In my experience although, It seems like when I get an wild hair to experiment I'll do a little of this, some of that, a couple drops of this and my wild hair smells like sweaty scalp. How do you begin to figure your formula so you don't wind up with wa$ted FO:confused:

I started using the Q-Tip method. I don't use it as much as I used to, but about 15 to 20 years ago when I moved over from "traditional-type" to "highly-fragrant" candles it was "state of the art" and "cutting edge" technology.

You virtually waste no FO that's noticable. There are a bunch of threads which discuss this technique. They can be found by doing a board search.

Board member, Tyler, will probably add that there is a kit you can purchase from SOS that will make you a pro "perfumer". I have not tried it myself, though. Moola's always "hard earned and easily lost" at this ranch. I have more important things on my "want list" right now.

JMO/HTH

David

Baked Apples from ICS is a very good apple/cinnamon scent, works very well in soy too!

Triple ditto with Karen!! LOVE the ICS Baked Apple scent!! So rich and appley....just wonderful...you will love it and while you are at it, get samples of all the coffee scents....to die for!!! :)

Edited by puma52

Triple ditto with Karen!! LOVE the ICS Baked Apple scent!! So rich and appley....just wonderful...you will love it and while you are at it, get samples of all the coffee scents....to die for!!! :)

It sounds like I'm putting ICS "Baked Apple" on my wish list for a try. We "specialize in apples" at our shop.

As I've said I prefer to create my own blends, but if it "ain't broke . . . . "

Thanks ladies! (AKA; "Enabelers")

"Apple Dave"