pb and xcel

PB will not help adhesion to the glass- it will do the opposite pull away

That's why it's a good choice for making melts and pillars in metal molds or in plastic clamshells- it's easier to get out and a harder wax to be able to burn pillars without a holder

If your making glass containers your best bet is to just use container wax or you can add some PB if your thinking you need it but I wouldn't do very much or your wax will pull away from the jar _ maybe like 10% or less to start and go from there

Your welcome- and of your looking to make container candles- Xcel is not real popular for scent throw- it makes a beautiful looking candle but if your wanting strong throw maybe research the 415- c3- 464 or even 135

Good luck and enjoy the craft!

Experiment with it and see what happens for you- try various wicks - you can search Xcel and wicking and see what others have used and had success with

You might like it for throw- there are so many variables in making a candle that you do really need to test and see if it works for you- there are people that use and have great throw with Xcel so maybe you will to- if you don't end up liking it use the rest mixed with PB and make melts for tart warmers- they are super easy and give amazing scent throughout your home

I think I read on Xcel in candle making it will need a long cure time before you burn it- I use 415 and cure for 5 to 7 days

Let us know how it works out for you

While the Excel does make a beautiful candle...I had trouble getting it to throw well at all. After much experimenting I gave up on the Excel and moved to the GB 464. Like everyone else has said...adding PB to your container wax will probably result in the candle pulling away from the container slightly.

I use Ecosoya Xcel and PB. No, do not mix them unless your doing wax/tarts/melts.

I've never had any luck with the "suggested" pour temps. I always pour at a low temp. I know they get a bad wrap, but honestly I've never encountered a problem with HT. I do tend to notice with ANY candle. I make soy and paraffin, if I burn it at home I basically smell nothing. When I take them to the office, they smell awesome.

Advice to all.... take your candles else where when you want to test scent throw.