2013 cosmetic act ... it's visible.

Scented

I saw something from PCT about the same gripes, but dang if I can find it again. At least I thought it was PCT. It may have been another website. For the quick glance that I saw, it seems to be the same old thing except that until you make $10 million and a penny, you might not have to pay. You still have to report all your sales and have an inspected area to work etc. That will kill anyone making from home. Labeling will be a major issue. My concerns are still on the bodies that make up this group. I don't trust the people putting forth the bill, because one is at least the same ol' person who keeps trying to screw the industry and refusing to believe what scientist say. That's my impression of that person. I still need to pour through this more. I imagine no one is saying anything yet, because, I believe, this still has to work through a committee before it comes out and so I would expect those of us who aren't conglomerates or chains to feel some of the shaft.

Unfortunately we had over a year to organize but very little was done and again we are back at let's wait and see what happens. Over the last year I didn't see much said or done on the subject and I got the impression that our suppliers were more interested in their bottom lines and did not want to rock their sales. I guess that if inspections are required those who work out of their kitchens between kids and pets will be forced out. I still think that small home based businesses making $250.000.00 or less should be exempted but as anyone even made the case for us?. So maybe it has nothing to do with "trying to screw the industry" or "not believing in science" but simply with not having all the facts.

In my case, there just isn't a place I can rent or buy, so it will force me to do away with half of my business. Unfortunately it's our representatives and senators who are voices for us and mine don't respond. Only way they get out of office is if they die around here it seems.

I haven't heard a word of those that are supposed to be our voices, but maybe they are scanning and breaking down the bill a lot better than I can. I keep looking.

I saw something from PCT about the same gripes, but dang if I can find it again. At least I thought it was PCT. It may have been another website. For the quick glance that I saw, it seems to be the same old thing except that until you make $10 million and a penny, you might not have to pay. You still have to report all your sales and have an inspected area to work etc. That will kill anyone making from home. Labeling will be a major issue. My concerns are still on the bodies that make up this group. I don't trust the people putting forth the bill, because one is at least the same ol' person who keeps trying to screw the industry and refusing to believe what scientist say. That's my impression of that person. I still need to pour through this more. I imagine no one is saying anything yet, because, I believe, this still has to work through a committee before it comes out and so I would expect those of us who aren't conglomerates or chains to feel some of the shaft.

It says microbusinesses (under $2mil) won't even have to register:

MICROBUSINESS- The term `
microbusiness
’ means a business–

• `(A) that is a brand owner as defined in this subchapter; and

• `(
    B)
    that has
    annual sales receipts for cosmetic products that do not exceed $2,000,000.

`(1) IN GENERAL- Beginning 1 year after the date of the enactment of this subchapter, and annually thereafter, any brand owner (except for microbusinesses) engaged in bringing a cosmetic to market for use in the United States shall register with the Secretary and pay to the Secretary the applicable fee, as established under the fee schedule in subsection (e).

• 2 weeks later...

And the bill has apparently been introduced in the House. PCT has an interesting post and a lot more information on the website.

http://personalcaretruth.com/2013/04/safe-cosmetics-and-personal-care-products-act-of-2013-mirrors-toxic-substances-control-act-proposals-would-greatly-expand-fda-authority-over-cosmetics/

Edited by Scented