Where is the best place to get mica powders for cp soap?

Moneypenny

Brambleberry has them and they have good notes as to what bleeds or morphs. Two places I also use are TKB Trading and The Conservatorie.

TKB has really good notes on what works in CP. They actually have several options under the Soap/Salts tab for colors and micas that are non-bleeding and stable. I think the have a minimum of $20. http://www.tkbtrading.com/category.php?category_id=8

The Conservatorie has a very large selection of micas. They have been going through and trying to add notes as to the CP stability of their micas. On another forum there are a couple of threads where soapers are testing their micas. I have some I need to add as well. The only issue I have noticed is they have discontinued their 30 gr size of micas and now only offer sample sizes, 100 gr and 500 gr. So, you want to be sure the mica works for you. They also moved to a $50 minimum order but I think you can order samplers without that restriction. http://theconservatorie.com/index.php

Oh, The Conservatorie also has a collection they call Happy Hour. It's similar to the Pop Micas TKB used to carry. I think one of them morphs and another isn't as vibrant. Don't think there is anything that will really replace the Pops.

So far I have only used TKB Trading micas, oxides, and ultramarines. I agree they have pretty good info and reviews on which colors work in CP. I've had pretty good success with their colors and do stick with the ones that work in CP. They have so many to try I have only scratched the surface.

The only other colorants I have purchased so far was the sample pack of 'natural' colorants from the www.soapmakingresource.com. Love all the goodies in the sampler which also includes herb packets and clays and I love the idea of using natural colorants to color my soap. But some are hit or miss and its been a learning experience but I am glad I got it and am having fun trying out different colors, herbs, clays, etc in the pac.

I had always heard that the Select Shades from Tradewinds are great with CP. They are on my ever growing wish list of things to try. I am especially drawn to the Kiwi lime one. Oh so pretty! I have also heard some good reviews on Brambleberry colorants. Hope to try theirs some day too.

I haven't tried TKB yet, but I get a lot of my micas for CP from BrambleBerry. I have used WSP in the past for some, but I dislike that they have notes that are NOT accurate about what morphs in CP soap. Not exactly something you want to find out in the middle of soaping something that you want accurate colors on. Ugh.

Candybee, I might have some extras I could send you a bit to try from them, if you wanted.

I'm still working through my POP micas, and dread the day when they are gone :( I've also used Select Shades (I liked them very much, you should give them a whirl)

I've heard good things about the Conservatoire though, and will probably order a few colors at a time there to try them out. I'd like to find some really REALLY vibrant neons, especially a nice hot pink - any suggestions?

WOW!!!!! You ladies are the greatest! Sooooo many pretty colors to try! Can't wait to try them all! Right now all I have is basic purple, green, orange, yellow and blue! My goodness the fun I am going to have! Bless your hearts and thanks so much for sharing! I LOVE this board!!!!

I'm still working through my POP micas, and dread the day when they are gone :( I've also used Select Shades (I liked them very much, you should give them a whirl)

I've heard good things about the Conservatoire though, and will probably order a few colors at a time there to try them out. I'd like to find some really REALLY vibrant neons, especially a nice hot pink - any suggestions?

TKB Trading has some bright colored neons for CP. Haven't tried them yet but they are next on my list. What I like about TKB is they have reviews by soapers that are pretty spot on. It helps me decide if I am stuck on more than one version of color and not sure which to pick. If its got a 4 star rating and good reviews I go with it.

I haven't tried TKB yet, but I get a lot of my micas for CP from BrambleBerry. I have used WSP in the past for some, but I dislike that they have notes that are NOT accurate about what morphs in CP soap. Not exactly something you want to find out in the middle of soaping something that you want accurate colors on. Ugh.

Candybee, I might have some extras I could send you a bit to try from them, if you wanted.

The color I am missing is lime green for coconut lime and a very pretty, pretty pink for my jasmine. If you have any samples of those I would love to take you up on your offer. Let me know if you do and I will PM you my address.