Carnation FO

Dolphin146

I used to buy carnation FO from JS but I see they no longer have it on there site :angry2:Damn that was a good seller for me. So now I need to know who has a good carnation fo I know NG has one But I have never tried it. Some help here please

I use Dianthus from SOS. It's essentially "Carnation" but with a dirty more masculine edge. It's somewhat spicy but it can be tamed and made more well-rounded with a bit of Baby Powder FO. A good alternative to Carnation. They also carry Carnation should you want to try that one as well.

Edited by rctfavr3

Never tried it in CP or MP soap; why is it a nightmare? Thank you, Shar :smiley2:

I agree with Raven`s that Cajun`s is super strong! I have a few bars of cp soap left from last year, and its still strongly scented though it is a nightmare to soap!

Soap on a stick when I added the fo at light trace. I recall just sticking the whole pot of soap in my warm oven and after it went through gel, I spooned it into my log mold. I think I added a little sodium lactate. This is what I do on the rare occasion I use a sezing fo. My recipe has a high percentage of hard oils though, so if you use a slow tracing recipe and soap room temp, you might have better luck.

Thank you, Shar. Now I want to try it so I can complain about it later, lol

Soap on a stick when I added the fo at light trace. I recall just sticking the whole pot of soap in my warm oven and after it went through gel, I spooned it into my log mold. I think I added a little sodium lactate. This is what I do on the rare occasion I use a sezing fo. My recipe has a high percentage of hard oils though, so if you use a slow tracing recipe and soap room temp, you might have better luck.

Lol, Go for it! Heck, I may try it again too since Mother's day is coming up. I still have about 4 oz. fo left. It's worth the trouble since it sticks for the long haul. I just sniffed a bar of the soap and also the fo and it is true. Still smell the spiciness even. I can't remember if I discounted the water, but I probably did do a slight discount, and did use coconut milk in the recipe.I'm going to use full water next time. . Cajun's Jasmine does good for me and is a good seller, and sticks great if you haven't tried it before.I like mix it with MC Honeysuckle vine sometimes.