Searching for tealights with lids...

Help! I'm a bit of a newbie, (longtime lurker, first time posting) and I'm searching for tealight containers with individual plastic lids. I would like to make up small sample packs to take to business owners to smell, or for my friends to take somewhere to help market my candles without lugging around a load of jars or tins. One of my store owners suggested having one of each scent in tealights with lids in a compact storage case to transport from business to business. They had another company that had used this in their presentation and it sounded like a great idea to me, but I haven't been able to find tealights with lids. I did a search on this board and several companies and haven't come up with anything...any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

I've never seen a tea light with a lid myself. A lot of people, myself included, use the mini tin sample cases, many have clear lids too. There are many different companies that make different ones. I'm sure if you do a search here for sample cases, you'll probably get lots of hits.

Hi, and Welcome!

I have never even heard of lids for tealights. If there is such a thing in the world, I am not aware of it. There are plastic packages you can buy to put them in, though. Wholesalesuppliesplus.com has them, probably Bitter Creek.

Have you considered maybe using tarts? Easy to make with a mini-muffin pan.

After they're set up, pop it into the freezer and they'll pop right out of the tins. I use them a lot and put the tarts into plastic baggies and when you open the baggie, you really get a good whif of the scent, or you could wrap with SaranWrap or something like that. I put mine in those cookie tins.

Just an idea.

I am sure others will know for sure where to find the plastic containers for tea lights, and the best pricing.

Good Luck to you.

Fern-Marie

I haven't seen any tealights with lids on them but I do know that some of the chandlers here use jewelers cases to carry their samples in. They have small aluminum containers...about the size of a tealight cup...with clear plastic lids. I bought one in a co-op and have yet to use it, but I think that is what you may be looking for. Heather...oh, I forget what her Candletech name is, was the one who held the co-op for these. You might want to look on the old board and try to find her thread for the co-op.

Hi, and Welcome!

I have never even heard of lids for tealights. If there is such a thing in the world, I am not aware of it. There are plastic packages you can buy to put them in, though. Wholesalesuppliesplus.com has them, probably Bitter Creek.

Have you considered maybe using tarts? Easy to make with a mini-muffin pan.

After they're set up, pop it into the freezer and they'll pop right out of the tins. I use them a lot and put the tarts into plastic baggies and when you open the baggie, you really get a good whif of the scent, or you could wrap with SaranWrap or something like that. I put mine in those cookie tins.

Just an idea.

am sure others will know for sure where to find the plastic containers for tea lights, and the best pricing.

Good Luck to you.

Fern-Marie

Claire Burke had a Christmas Collection out. The tealights in these holders have hard plastic covers with 2 holes over each tealight. Custom made of course...big bucks and large quantities. Neat idea though.

cbS58742048.jpg

Hi

Just a question. What about using lip balm containers? The ones we get in SA look very much the same as the clear plastic tea lite cups you have over there. At least this way you would have the lid -as for the Claire Burke idea, what about drilling a hole in the lid with a small drill bit (thats if you want to go that far)? Just a thought...:smiley2:

Katinka