New mold at Brambleberry

icecold

I don't have the holder, but I do have the tube molds. They aren't bad. A bit tricky to work with if you have small hands like I do. I have to have my husband hold the bottom cap so I can twist the top portion off. The liner always stays inside the outer tube. Also, it seems that the liner makes it slightly less than perfectly round. That may adjust over time, though. Not sure since I've used them only a couple times. I would suggest taping the outside of the liner as well because it will leak if you don't, and that makes it very difficult to release the inner liner from the outer mold. Doing that also minimizes the seamline. The liner releases fairly easy from the soap (as long as you don't try unmolding it too easy, that is. You know. Standard stuff.) I don't think it would work well with a super soft soap recipe because of the evaporation times involved.

Hey Janet.... did you get the liner to meet end to end inside the tube?? I tried it rolled one direction and couldn't but rolled it the other direction and ran my finger along the seam and it snapped perfectly in place. Mine did not leak at all. When I removed the the soap, I put it in the freezer for an hour or so, took the end cap off, turned it over and pushed from the top on the counter to get it started and it came right out. I was impressed with something for a change....LOL!!

I did, Kelly. If I flipped it over, it overlaps. I may have poured my soap too thin, though, so that may have had something to do with it. I didn't need to freeze it the second time with the tape, so I dunno. And the tape reduced the seam as well.

My finished soaps are right around 2 3/4 inches, I think. Seems about right, anyway. I'd have to go measure again to be sure though, but it's somewhere between that and just under 3".

I saw the mold on their website and am glad you all posted about it. I was curious how well it worked and what size soapies it made. The only dimensions I could find seemed to be about the holder and not the actual mold or soap size it made. I do want to make rounds soaps in the future and don't want to mess with PVC.

Tried it the other day and very disappointed! First they were hard to put together. The liners have to snap together on the inside, thank goodness I have small hands. After 2 days I had to have my husband get the end piece off and he had a hard time doing it. The soap leaked out a little from the seam and bottom and I did make sure they snapped together. I put the soap stuck in the liner in my cold mud room and it did peel off easily after the night in the cold. I plan on sending them back as I got the big 12 molder. I will just go back to my PVC pipes with my liners from the dollar store.