What is the shelf life of FO's?

If they still smell good, use them! In the 15 years I've been making candles, I've only had one FO go bad on me. I have a FO that's for me only, I don't sell cause it cost me $45.00/lb, and it's going on 8 yrs old and still makes a mean candle!! :cool2:

If they still smell good, use them! In the 15 years I've been making candles, I've only had one FO go bad on me. I have a FO that's for me only, I don't sell cause it cost me $45.00/lb, and it's going on 8 yrs old and still makes a mean candle!! :cool2:

Ditto!

Dave

I had the same question recently..I contacted Peak, and they said their FO's have a shelf life of about 2 years..but they also said it's obvious when a FO is "bad".

Gee, I wish my Peak's FO's had lasted that long. Most were done after about 1 year, except for the Peppermint Kiss and Birthday Cake. I keep them in a dark kitchen cabinet, an upper cabinet.

I have several scents from Wellington Fragrance that are still good, after 5 years.

I only ever buy the Premium grade from them. The Manufacturers grade is ok, but I definately noticed a difference in power between the two.

I bought some 25 pounders and never used it all (baby powder - yuck...).

I also, unfortunately have some fragrances from Candles & Supplies that are less than a year old and they are garbage already.

Having said that I do have 1 or 2 from C&S that are still good after 1.5 years.

I have several scents from Wellington Fragrance that are still good, after 5 years.

I only ever buy the Premium grade from them. The Manufacturers grade is ok, but I definately noticed a difference in power between the two.

I bought some 25 pounders and never used it all (baby powder - yuck...).

I also, unfortunately have some fragrances from Candles & Supplies that are less than a year old and they are garbage already.

Having said that I do have 1 or 2 from C&S that are still good after 1.5 years.

I too have had issues with Candles & Supplies fragrances. They have been pretty hit and miss for me.

I've noticed that a few sellers have been selling the same "closeout: fragrances for years. It makes me wonder just how old they really are before you even buy them.

I'm pretty careful on how I store my FO. I date them upon arrival. If one "turns" on me it makes me suspect the supplier first.

JMO

Dave

Gee, I wish my Peak's FO's had lasted that long. Most were done after about 1 year, except for the Peppermint Kiss and Birthday Cake. I keep them in a dark kitchen cabinet, an upper cabinet.

Horsescents, are you suggesting Peak's fragrance oils are not of premium quality?

Horsescents, are you suggesting Peak's fragrance oils are not of premium quality?

No, I'm just being honest about what happened to my FO's. I didn't think it was a big deal because I never expected FO's to last more than one year. Others might have a different experience with Peak's FO's, for whatever reason. My central air conditioning unit was stolen, so now I use a couple of window units, and I don't know if it was always cool enough in my kitchen area where I keep the FO's last summer, although I don't remember having a problem with heat. As far as the quality of the fragrance and the CT and HT, they were awesome, except for Mulberry, and I'll definitely reorder FO's from Peak's.

Edited by HorsescentS