Nothing special

pdevine

Just playing around with something different. Not exactly what I'm trying to achieve. Though the picture doesn't show it, there is a tealight inserted in the top. I too a brush to the pillar and then brushed brown paint over it to settle in the lines. I was trying for a burlap type look. It does look better in person. The back side has a boot attached to it. Thanks for looking. Portia

post-139-13945838963_thumb.jpg

I don't know if this would be a good idea or a bad one ... what if you were to take actual burlap and line the inside of your mold with it? Then, when the candle is solid & cool (or would it be better to do if it were a little warm & soft?) remove the burlap, then paint the candle?

I like the texture I can see in the image. I'm curious, what look were you going for?

Actually I was going for a burlap or old fence board look (if that makes sense). I used a wire bristle brush and made criss-cross indentions on all 4 sides, the top and the bottom of it and then applied (with a papertowel) brown paint and wiped the excess off. It was really simple and fast to do once the candle was unmolded. Thanks,,,,Portia

I used the tealight plug when I poured this candle. Donita helped me with that idea. You just put the plug in the mold, screw it in and pour your candle. Once you unmold your candle, you have a perfect opening for a tealight. Thanks a bunch!~ Portia