Sooooooo bored and weary with wax testing! Humor me. Share what you are making!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stop stop stop. lol. Right now most of my scents are only from NG but I have been wanting to try some lip balm flavors from AH/RE which would mean I would have to try some of their fragrance oils. I guess I should start a list. lol. The Warm Vanilla Nutmeg sounds too good to pass up!

Ha-Chanderwicks- no not a pilot, you have me chuckling though- just able to work from work when not on the road for appts. I LOVE WVN- esp in lotion!! That one I do have, and I've used Flannel sheets and Blue Skies in aroma beads for air and car fresheners (I have athletes in the family, so I try anything to avoid having my car smell like a locker room!! But you all gave me some other wonderful ideas, I've wanted to try AH's Almond Cream....yup here I go, starting a shopping cart now...

I prefer Flannel Sheets over CS Clean Cotton and Dreamcatcher is an amazing, one of a kind scent...truly beautiful.

Cool! I was thinking of adding Flannel sheets to my line, but maybe not until next Jan. Flannel makes me think of winter. Here in Dakota we don't need flannel in July :rolleyes2 I'm excited to try Dreamcatcher too.

What about Amazing Grace (out of stock) or Angel Heart?

I'm seriously considering doing the "America the Beautiful" line and was considering one of those for the "God shed His grace on thee" candle.

Anyone have any reviews for those?

Edited by IwantItgreen

It's wonderful in lotion- especially cocoa butter lotion, really lasts. I'm going to put in in wax this weekend. I think you'll like it in wax. I've found I haven't tried many of the AH oils in wax yet, I've just tried them in lotion and aroma beads- so now I'll have to add to my tester tray of oils for the weekend!

JAJC- what are your favorites from AH? will be putting in an order this weekend I think..... I'm definitely getting the Toasted Marshmallow... put open to other great suggestions too!

*consults Excel spreadsheet*

Baked Apple (Home interiors Type), Home Made Apple Pie, Birthday Cake (SnC), Grandma's Kitchen (LW) along with Warm Vanilla Nutmeg and Flannel Sheets.

Lucky Girl You won Candle Cocoons Red Banana this month!

What in the world does this mean???

thanks for the reminder- yes, I did email Lyschel. I am enjoying the break (in between reports and calls, I am getting work done too, really I am!!)l I'm way too prone to being enabled- luckily I don't have any other vices (except chocolate!). JAJC- thanks for the recs too!

I am currently in a testing frenzy. I am testing EcoSoya Advanced and EcoSoya XCel. Comparing throw from two different fragrance suppliers. I made 6 60z candles of the following (3 from EcoSoya Advanced and 3 from EcoSoya XCel): Each candle has a different wick CD6, ECO4, and small wooden wicks.

Rain

Coffee

Tropical Fruit Salsa

Jasmine

Cool Water

Fresh Linen

White Cherry Blossom

Fresh Linen

Pine

Rose Petals

Tomorrow I am repeating the same scents by making 3-6oz of Golden Wax 444 and 3-6oz of EcoSoya 135.

120 candles in all.

Luckily I have family members/friends who are going to be taking detailed notes as part of my testing process. I am going to be taking a trip in March to LoneStar and AAA Candle Supply in Texas and want to make sure everything is exactly how I want it before purchasing rather large amounts.

I am currently in a testing frenzy. I am testing EcoSoya Advanced and EcoSoya XCel. Comparing throw from two different fragrance suppliers. I made 6 60z candles of the following (3 from EcoSoya Advanced and 3 from EcoSoya XCel): Each candle has a different wick CD6, ECO4, and small wooden wicks.

Rain

Coffee

Tropical Fruit Salsa

Jasmine

Cool Water

Fresh Linen

White Cherry Blossom

Fresh Linen

Pine

Rose Petals

Tomorrow I am repeating the same scents by making 3-6oz of Golden Wax 444 and 3-6oz of EcoSoya 135.

120 candles in all.

Luckily I have family members/friends who are going to be taking detailed notes as part of my testing process. I am going to be taking a trip in March to LoneStar and AAA Candle Supply in Texas and want to make sure everything is exactly how I want it before purchasing rather large amounts.

What diameter are your 6 oz jars? The CD 6 may prove too small. You have been busy, though!

Give your soy adequate time to cure or your results may not be so impressive.

Some FOs need longer cure times than others.

Rain

Coffee

Tropical Fruit Salsa

Jasmine

Cool Water

Fresh Linen

White Cherry Blossom

Fresh Linen

Pine

Rose Petals

120 candles in all.