Sooooooo bored and weary with wax testing! Humor me. Share what you are making!

I will live vicariously through you.

Until I know wax blend on which I will settle, I have committed to buying no new wax. Although I am planning to buy from a few new to me FO suppliers, I will make nothing new until my wax blends testing is complete.

So, what are you making, mixing, blending or pouring these days??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will live vicariously through you.

Until I know wax blend on which I will settle, I have committed to buying no new wax. Although I am planning to buy from a few new to me FO suppliers, I will make nothing new until my wax blends testing is complete.

So, what are you making, mixing, blending or pouring these days??

Have you tried the tart wax from TCS (The Candle Source) yet? I'm going to try it. Ravens uses it and her tarts are awesome. But, right now I'm still working with 4627 wax and HTP wicks in the regular mouth pint Ball mason jars.

Good luck with all your testing!

I have lots of new things that I am making to add to my scent shop- Lip balm, bath bombs, bath melts, body powder and more. And new lip tints to add to my makeup line.

Today though, I am working on designing labels so I can get things photographed and ready to sell.

I just asked a friend about that wax. She was just starting out several months ago and I found that TCS was close to her (turns out just 10 minutes from her home). She bought that wax and does really like it. I messaged her to ask again a few days ago when I saw the subject come up here.

Of course, at some point I will try it. Why leave a wax slab or bag unturned?? haha!

Nothing & I feel the pull to create!

Of course I do but only when I committed to NOT creating. That seems to be how it works for me!

Good luck with all your testing!

I have lots of new things that I am making to add to my scent shop- Lip balm, bath bombs, bath melts, body powder and more. And new lip tints to add to my makeup line.

Today though, I am working on designing labels so I can get things photographed and ready to sell.

WOW! You are busy. How fun! Ypu have really done quite an expansion. Designing labels and photographing is a lot of fun to me.

When I was testing for wax melts, I test 2 waxes. lol. And I mixed them together. I got great results so I stopped. I think it's cool you are testing a lot of different ones.

Yes, I am doing a huge expansion. I have been wanting to add more for over a year. I finally got the funds to add some things. I have found the wax melts to be kind of seasonal so I wanted to add things people will use all year round. I also took some time away to get the mineral makeup going. It's growing and I am getting steady sales so I figured it is a perfect time to work on the other stuff. I LOVE designing and photographing too. :) I am really excited!

Sounds fun-and profitable!

Right now I have narrowed my testing (maybe a light at the end of the tunnel) to 4625/4630 against 4625/4630/415 and in another exciting round (ha!) 4625/4627/415.

Switching to oval portion cups rather than molds and cello bags has made the testing so much easier. Thus far, all of the combinations I have tried pop out cleanly. I will be glad when I am settled and can get back to playing with FO's.

I'm making some Valentine's scents in little heart molds. I've poured CS Violet Lime, LS Raspberry Ice, RE Little Black Dress, and NG Guardian Angel.

On deck for today...NG Sun, Moon, & Stars, and NG Beautiful Type. I also have an ounce each left of my ME FOs...Lemonberry Crumble and Buttercream Drizzled Bread.

Love the label and packaging sisters3!! JAJC- I know you'll get revved up again... keep us posted on your testing! It's fun to try all those new scents- you'll have to post some reviews of your favorites. Susyk, you'll have to post some pics once you get your other products going. I did a bunch of testers last weekend (ok, got a little overboard, counted 30 different scents, did 2 portion cups each- wanted to test scents I've had and just hadn't put into wax yet, especially all the vanillas, I'm just a little crazy about vanilla). I'm loving the ecosoya PB/Excel combination in melts so far. I have some EL wax samples and some fo's from CC, so will try to pour some samples with these this weekend. Can you tell I needed a little diversion and fun after a super busy week at work? :)

I think what has me less than enthralled is that I have made all my testers in the same 8 FO's or so. I did it to very fairly make comparisons and draw conclusions. So, to me it feels like the same FO's day in and day out!

If you have not, you must try RE/AH Toasted Marshmallow. It is my favorite "vanilla". Very rich. I put it in lotion base and people stop me everywhere to ask what vanilla perfume I am wearing.

I also am a big vanilla fan but I have discovered that I am a bakery/food vanilla and not as much a fan of what I call "perfume" vanilla.

I agree. Work is crazy and stressful. Making melts is a fun (and delicious) diversion!

Oh darn! I just ordered a bunch of 1 ozer's from NG, but haven't tried the Toasted Marshmallow yet! May have to check out the AH version too- thanks for passing that along- oh well, what's a couple more orders? (I do like seeing the box outside my front door- feels like Christmas!!). I also had gotten in a rut of testing just a few scents- then I told myself I needed to use up the 1 ozer's I already have, so I'm trying to make myself go through those before ordering TOO many more. It does make it more fun to try out new scents. One surprise scent for me was Rose Petal and Cream (CC), I didn't think I'd like it as I don't really like flowery scents, but I had to keep sniffing this one after I poured it- really nice scent!

Ok now girls.... you convinced me.. I will start a wish list for AH now (along with the 2 others that I have going that I'm pondering over..) it's a nice break from work- if you see me post too often, though, please gently remind me to return to work.... :)

Uh oh, you're not a pilot or something are you? :wink2:

Ok now girls.... you convinced me.. I will start a wish list for AH now (along with the 2 others that I have going that I'm pondering over..) it's a nice break from work- if you see me post too often, though, please gently remind me to return to work.... :)