A new bcn rant as of today!!!

mtt

I get my order from BCN 50lb box of wax with no label doesn't tell me what the wax is. Also I had put in remarks for the free colbolt blue containers that they are giving free with your order if it is over $100.00. I called customer service on Monday to say hey why is there no label on the wax, looks like wax that I purchase when they had there garage sale with no name on it. They said let me check and we will reply by email to you. Well it is getting late in the day and I have a customer waiting for me to make there candles no email. So I called the office. Oh we got a pallets with no labels on them, once again how do I know if I got the right wax? Also they told me that I didn't put in the comment section the sales code so I will not be getting the containers. BullS--- I did put it in the comment section. Well I have to check with the supervisor to see what can be done. Now I have to go order from another place to make sure I have the right wax so it will burn right and not lose my customer that orders every month for her store. If I send back this wax I will be charge a restocking fee. They just do not get it there or if they are new people train them in right!! Sorry so long but it makes you mad:embarasse now that I have to overnight the wax I need.

Also I had put in remarks for the free colbolt blue containers that they are giving free with your order if it is over $100.00. they told me that I didn't put in the comment section the sales code so I will not be getting the containers. BullS--- I did put it in the comment section. Well I have to check with the supervisor to see what can be done. They just do not get it there or if they are new people train them in right!! Sorry so long but it makes you mad:embarasse now that I have to overnight the wax I need.

This is so funny, I just have to reply. I ordered about 9#s of FO from BCN last week, $160.00. Thought I was getting the right codes in the right box. I did not get the 2% off, wrong box. Didn't ask for the blue containers, but they added them anyway and I got charged big, big $$$ for the extra weight. BCN has just lost their minds. I have ordered from them for 10 yrs and they make it so difficult. Carole

This is so funny, I just have to reply. I ordered about 9#s of FO from BCN last week, $160.00. Thought I was getting the right codes in the right box. I did not get the 2% off, wrong box. Didn't ask for the blue containers, but they added them anyway and I got charged big, big $$$ for the extra weight. BCN has just lost their minds. I have ordered from them for 10 yrs and they make it so difficult. Carole

You got charged big $$$ for blue plastic cobalt bottles? So much for free, huh! Not to mention, they weigh next to nothing.

ETA: Just saw it said containers not bottles. Guess containers may weigh more than bottles. But that much?

Edited by jeanie353

oh dear, and I was just going to order some more wax and fo samples from them this week.... I need more ecosoya PB, excel and feather palm, and I want to order all from the 1 place (peak doesn't carry the excel).... may reconsider....

Guest OldGlory

I'd like to offer some insight -

At my full time job, we ship packages in the course of normal daily business. Sometimes I send out packages for myself and I just pay for the amount the company is charged, which shows on a screen in the UPS Worldship program. I would say we send out at least 50 packages a week in the slow season, and sometimes 50 packages a day in the busy season. I don't know if that gets us a special discount or not.

But, I recently shipped a package from where I live in TN to Buffalo NY. The package weighed about 13 lbs, and I agreed to charge my customer only for part of the contents, the rest I would pay for. So, for a difference of 3 lbs, the cost difference was about 50 cents. The size of the package did not change.

I'm sure there are some variables involved in the shipping rates for companies that don't ship very much or very often, but GOOD GRIEF, if you were charged $10 more for adding a dozen glass tumblers, that just seems wrong. Sorry you had this experience!

I'd like to offer some insight -

At my full time job, we ship packages in the course of normal daily business. Sometimes I send out packages for myself and I just pay for the amount the company is charged, which shows on a screen in the UPS Worldship program. I would say we send out at least 50 packages a week in the slow season, and sometimes 50 packages a day in the busy season. I don't know if that gets us a special discount or not.

But, I recently shipped a package from where I live in TN to Buffalo NY. The package weighed about 13 lbs, and I agreed to charge my customer only for part of the contents, the rest I would pay for. So, for a difference of 3 lbs, the cost difference was about 50 cents. The size of the package did not change.

I'm sure there are some variables involved in the shipping rates for companies that don't ship very much or very often, but GOOD GRIEF, if you were charged $10 more for adding a dozen glass tumblers, that just seems wrong. Sorry you had this experience!

You know, as much product that BCN must certainly ship out, you'd think they would have a pretty up-do-date shipping system like you explained as well.

So what's the problem? Is it employee incompetence or padding of pockets? They should check into what ever CS and Peaks do for shipping quotes and etc.

Can someone tell me how to circumvent BCN's answering system, so that I can speak to someone there regarding a serious problem I am having. I don't want to have to leave another message in a voice mailbox or talk to Flicker.

TIA

I get my order from BCN 50lb box of wax with no label doesn't tell me what the wax is. Also I had put in remarks for the free colbolt blue containers that they are giving free with your order if it is over $100.00. I called customer service on Monday to say hey why is there no label on the wax, looks like wax that I purchase when they had there garage sale with no name on it. They said let me check and we will reply by email to you. Well it is getting late in the day and I have a customer waiting for me to make there candles no email. So I called the office. Oh we got a pallets with no labels on them, once again how do I know if I got the right wax? Also they told me that I didn't put in the comment section the sales code so I will not be getting the containers. BullS--- I did put it in the comment section. Well I have to check with the supervisor to see what can be done. Now I have to go order from another place to make sure I have the right wax so it will burn right and not lose my customer that orders every month for her store. If I send back this wax I will be charge a restocking fee. They just do not get it there or if they are new people train them in right!! Sorry so long but it makes you mad:embarasse now that I have to overnight the wax I need.

I brought this to the attention of Rich, did someone from our office get back in touch with you? If no, please send me an email at techsupport@candlesupply.com or call me direct at 715-209-4802 and we will get you taken care of right away!

THanks!

Flicker

It added over $10. to shipping - Wi to Tx and I did not ask for them. lol

MTT, good luck on ID of wax!

Carole, I just looked up your order to check on this. It only increased the shipping by $4.98. The total the cost would have been for 9 lbs of scent was $17.26 to your address and the total WITH the containers and other misc items was $22.24. So it was not over $10, it was under $5. We have also credited your account the $4.98 since the office must have done this in error. :) If you have questions in the future, please feel free to get a hold of me directly. techsupport@candlesupply.com or 715-209-4802 I will be more than happy to look into it.

Thanks!

Flicker

Edited by Flicker
add to post

Thank you, Flicker. I must have added the frt increase to the 2% I was shorted. The total charge was almost $10. more than I calculated. Thks for your attention. I did pm this to you before I posted. BCN is still one of my favorite suppliers!

Not a problem. Check your Pm's too. Sent ya on there too! :) We got ya covered!

Yep, but its nice Flicker stops in here to address the issues so many on this forum (or both forums) are having at BCN.

I like the reports getting posted here so I don't have to keep hopping forums to see if BCN is getting their stuff straightened out. Then I'll order again.

I will soon be placing another order, and though I mainly shop at BCS and never had a problem, what's been going on with BCN orders has me a tad worried.

Not asking for a lot; just my correct order and tracking info. Should be easy for any supplier to do this, right?