How many ounces used in tart tests?

Spyhawk

I see may people posting how long their fragrance lasts with different combinations of waxes in their tarts/melts. My question is how much wax are people melting at once with their results? Some people posting results of hrs and others days. I was wondering if there is a general rule for testing tarts.

Example

being 1 block out of 6 in a 3 oz clamshell

vs

the whole 3 oz (all 6 blocks).

The whole 3 oz will obviously last longer since there is more fragrance in it.

Any input would help, thanks :cool2:

Thank you guys for all your input. Its greatly appreciated and now have some type of reference and expectations. I assume that everyone here is using a 25 watt warmer. As of now im attempting to mix gw 464 and Stearic acid. First batch smells good using Peak's Cranberry Citrus but i think i used too much stearic acid. after cooling the wax separated from the clamshell....oh well, its a learning process. Smells great though.

If you don't mind me asking what type of wax do you use to attain scent throw for that long and how much oil do you use for a batch of say 3 - 6 unit standard clamshells?

I have been using KY's Soy Paraffin tart votive blend and am somewhat satisfied, but the shipping is killing me. They sold out to Rustic Escentuals and I am paying $28.00 shipping for a 50# box of wax.

First I test 1 cube, then 2, and it depends on the room, and the burner. I have tried several different waxes, my favorite so far is 3022 from Clarus with some paraffin mixed in. Ive tried 3 different kinds and gotten great results with all. I usually stay around 8-10% FO, depending on what it is. Some companies it only takes 1/2 that.