Hello everyone!

I'm fairly new to candlemaking and this forum and I wanted to say greetings! I'd have to say this all started from me collecting jars and bottles and figuring ways to reuse them (the go green in me). Pinterest and YouTube showed me the basic how to DYI soy candles and before I knew it I'm here posting.

Hi my name is Vanessa and I'm addicted to candlemaking.

Welcome Vanessa...

AND HELLO TRACEY!! I haven't been on the forum in a loooong time, but checking in now and again. We're still knee deep in our soy candles, picked up a few local accounts, and STILL traveling all the time (my job that pays for my candle obsession)

How are you??

Susan

Welcome soylux- my name is moonshine and I have been addicted for 5 years...

Welcome back sisters! I was wondering what happened to you- how are the candles going for you?

Chefmom- drinking coffee as I type AND sniffing many FO sample bottles trying to decide what to pour next! Lol

Hi There Susan! I was hoping everything was going well. Still testing, moved to Tennessee last month. Congrats. on the accounts. We missed you! Tracey OTE=sisters3;995601]Welcome Vanessa...

AND HELLO TRACEY!! I haven't been on the forum in a loooong time, but checking in now and again. We're still knee deep in our soy candles, picked up a few local accounts, and STILL traveling all the time (my job that pays for my candle obsession)

How are you??

Susan

Welcome soylux- my name is moonshine and I have been addicted for 5 years...

Welcome back sisters! I was wondering what happened to you- how are the candles going for you?

Chefmom- drinking coffee as I type AND sniffing many FO sample bottles trying to decide what to pour next! Lol

Dawn!!! Hey there!! The candles have really taken off, it was getting a little tough keeping up because of my "real job". We've actually started offering soy hand and body lotion too. We are finished with our product testing and will debut the lotion line at our March show. How are you? How is the candle making coming on your end?

Tracey....I missed you guys too!! I've promised to give myself more time to post, I really love being a part our group. Tennessee huh? How exciting!! What part? We looked at some vacation homes there for 2013, beautiful! So dish....how are your candles coming? Anything new?

Edited by sisters3

Dawn!!! Hey there!! The candles have really taken off, it was getting a little tough keeping up because of my "real job". We've actually started offering soy hand and body lotion too. We are finished with our product testing and will debut the lotion line at our March show. How are you? How is the candle making coming on your end?

Glad to hear everything is going great for you! How are those black monticiano jars selling for you?

My switch over from 464 to 415 is almost complete (I have about 20 scent left to complete) and I am very happy with the results! I am now testing the waters in parasoy with clarus 3022 and I have to say it is so much easier than soy but I love my 415 and will never give it up!

I hope your lotions do amazing this spring!

Glad to hear everything is going great for you! How are those black monticiano jars selling for you?

My switch over from 464 to 415 is almost complete (I have about 20 scent left to complete) and I am very happy with the results! I am now testing the waters in parasoy with clarus 3022 and I have to say it is so much easier than soy but I love my 415 and will never give it up!

I hope your lotions do amazing this spring!

Sorry for the delay, was on the road (Pittsburgh) for a few days. We're still with 464, what took you away? Our black jars have done pretty good, the "gent scents", the only weird thing is that most guys want the standard comfort scents and NOT the manly ones...who knew?

I worked with 464 for a couple years and I do like it and still use it here and there (I have a half case left) but when I tested 415 to compare HT it blew me away- and I get a better burn - the 464 is softer and I had a difficult time in my jar (8 ounce square mason) with way to much heat at the end no matter the wick or size- I got it to work but just wasn't 100% satisified

The 415 just works better for me- it took along time to get it to look pretty but well worth it to me and I don't get the white frosting after they sit like I would sometimes with 464

Plus my melts threw stronger using 415 in the blend so I don't need to buy as many waxes now

That's funny the guys want the comfort scents- well you could change the fragrances and put the manly ones in your standard jar- most men that buy from me buy the pink sugar and vanilla bean... Not what I would of expected either! Lol