TCS Apple Butter

kandlekrazy

Anyone use this? Is it pretty much apple cinnamon? I'm looking for a replacement for

Bert's Apple Cinnamon and since I already order from TCS thought I'd try theirs...but description says apples, rich butter cream & cinnamon.

I've been looking for a replacement for Bert's Apple Cinnamon as well. :sad2: I still have a little bit left so all I've done so far is accumulate samples. I will tell you though, I got two 1 oz. samples from Tn (before they quit selling their samples), and it was either their Apple Cinnamon or their Cinnamon Cider that I thought was real close, oob anyway. I haven't actually tried them in wax yet. I would personally recommend starting with one of those two FO's rather than the Apple Butter. Just my opinion, maybe some of the other ladies have had actual experience with those scents! I hths!

Edited by mzpickles

Thanks, I'm really trying not to buy from any suppliers that I don't already use. I went ahead and bought the apple butter and the apple pie and one of them will just

have to do until I can find something closer from another supplier that I use. I'm going to check GW when I order my wax to see what they have, but wow did their

prices creep up over the past couple of yrs. I guess everyone is increasing prices on fo.

I am a BIG Apple Cinnamon/Cinnamon Apple/Baked Apple/Apple Pie lover.

I have a BUNCH that I have tried (I buy some from every supplier I try) listed on a spreadsheet and would be happy to share detail or sniffies if I still have enough FO in the bottles in which you have interest.

Is the one you are trying to sub (which I would have LOVED to have tried from what I have read here) more apple or more cinnamon? Do you get other notes or just those two?

Coincidentally I just so happened to receive a sample of Apple Butter from TCS last week (I am referring to The Candle Source, not Tenn). This is strictly an OOB review but to my nose it smells very similar to Warm Apple Pie from BCN (Bubbles & Lights version). I just smelled the two side by side and I can not detect much of a difference. I think it is pretty even on the apple/cinnamon blend. But in any case if it smells like BCN's warm apple pie once I put it in wax, then I am switching.

But in any case if it smells like BCN's warm apple pie once I put it in wax, then I am switching.

Oh, and I LOVE the BnL's Warm Apple Pie. It's one of my top three cinnamon apple fo's, along with Bert's Apple Cinnamon & Tyler Starrville's Cinnamon Apple Butter. I do have some other BCN scents that I can't do without though, so I'd probably stick with the BnL Warm Apple Pie unless the TCS is waaaay better! :D

I am a BIG Apple Cinnamon/Cinnamon Apple/Baked Apple/Apple Pie lover.

I have a BUNCH that I have tried (I buy some from every supplier I try) listed on a spreadsheet and would be happy to share detail or sniffies if I still have enough FO in the bottles in which you have interest.

Is the one you are trying to sub (which I would have LOVED to have tried from what I have read here) more apple or more cinnamon? Do you get other notes or just those two?

It is the perfect blend! Not overpowering cinnamon, to me it smells just like baked apples (no crust or pastry smell).

I guess I should have specified The Candle Source, I forget there are two with the same initials. I haven't bought from Tenn Candle in years and really hate to start

with another supplier. Trying to keep shipping costs and testing down to a minimum...like that will ever happen!

Thanks for all the help...I'm sure the two I bought are going to be more like pie but I can rename it from Baked Apples.

This time I'm saving an ounce or two to have Bert's duped if necessary. I used up every last bit of the Dark Chocolate Mint and could cry

because I'm convinced there is not another like it out there (tested at least 20).

Rhonda at Moonworks offered to dupe Bert's Apple Cinnamon for me, I should probably follow through with that, yah think? :tongue2: