ICS Clamshells

Hi:

Still being new to candle making, I think you are asking about clamshell molds for tarts? Are you still searching? Being a Canadian myself I like to order within Canada and have found them cheaply (0.45) at Village Craft and Candle in St Marys Ontario

Here is the link to the clamshells.

http://www.villagecraftandcandle.com/product.asp?pID=526&cID=0

HTH

Edited by chappyk

Hi

Thanks so much for trying to help..that is so sweet of you! But I'm trying to find out which supplier she uses, there ws a lot of talk about certain clamshells making your melts smell skunky kinda. I need to order a bunch and just wanted to know where I could go to purchase a large amount..that don't have the plastic smell to them. But thank you again:cheesy2:

A couple of years ago Impact was manufacturing them (the little larger ones with the indented circle on the bottom of each of the 6 cubes). When Impact discontinued them I found them @ ICS. At that time they told me they had their own mold ... but I don't know where they are manufactured.

• 1 month later...

I stopped ordering from ICS when she switched over where she got the clamshells from. They were stinky and flimsy. Then I found that Candlescience had some nice ones, equal to the 1524 from Impact, nice and sturdy, no stink.

I did find out that Impact sells a 1524 and a 1524C. The "C" kind are the more flimsy kind, made in China. I called them up to ask before I ordered a case the last time.

Looks like I need to find funds to order from Impact again as Candlescience just sent me a box of flimsy stinky clamshells and I am ticked...

I know I didn't like the huge clamshells from Rustic Escentuals as they were flimsy comparted to what Candlescience had (well at least last time I ordered from them they were, however this time they sent me crap!). I haven't tried Bittercreek, they might be my last hope for a small order to get me through. Good luck. Basically anything I've seen with the little indent on the bottom of it, wasn't the right thing for me.

I have gotten some from ICS and never had a problem with stinky smell, but they did stick together and were hard to get apart!! However I ordered a larger amount from Fillmore Container, and they seem like the same ones as ICS, but they were much cheaper in price and they save me $$$, I like them.

They say made in USA

http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/Clamshell-Tart-Packaging-Small-6-Cavity-Mold-P5816C25.aspx

Edited by Karen M

I recently bought clamshells from CandleScience; bought them twice and they certainly had one funky smell; will not be ordering them again.

Indiana Candle Supply is where I get my clamshells; good price, they smell just fine, they stay closed, unlike the ones I received from Millcreek, where at least a quarter of them keep popping open... a real -isser :mad:

Edited by Ravens

A couple of years ago Impact was manufacturing them (the little larger ones with the indented circle on the bottom of each of the 6 cubes). When Impact discontinued them I found them @ ICS. At that time they told me they had their own mold ... but I don't know where they are manufactured.

OOPS! I just checked my records and I didn't get them from ICS - it was Mill Creek who said they had their own mold. Sorry if this mis-led any of you. These are the larger ones (3.2 oz like the Impact 1524C) with the indent on the bottom. Never had an odor problem.

Ok I got my clamshells from CS When I opened the box there was no plastic smell. I pulled some out to see how they were. There still very sturdy and thick. But to me it seems they may be a little thinner than what they used to be But not by very much. They close good and stay closed. I am very happy with my purchase from them. They haven't changed very much If at all. So for now I will continue to purchase my clamshells from them. :yay:

Ok I got my clamshells from CS When I opened the box there was no plastic smell. I pulled some out to see how they were. There still very sturdy and thick. But to me it seems they may be a little thinner than what they used to be But not by very much. They close good and stay closed. I am very happy with my purchase from them. They haven't changed very much If at all. So for now I will continue to purchase my clamshells from them. :yay:

I've been holding off ordering from CS until your post. I use CS clamshells and really like them. I'm pleased to hear I may have missed out on the bad batch you all have been posting about.

Thanks, "Dolphin" !

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles