Miami Erie - Closing Supplies company

I ALWAYS wanted to order from them since as a consumer I really liked her melts. Then I read here about some of her business practices and also did not want to pay $6/ounce for FO's.

Guess I am glad now that I did not because one of my rules is only to try things that I know (currently, because everything can change) that I can get or reorder. What is the point of learning about and loving something I can never get again?

I just went out to the page and I wish what she had as a banner on the home page was true. "Getting back to basics" after the new year. Charging actual shipping, specific amounts for specific oils and better turnaround. Those things could have turned things around some for her. Guess the bell has already been rung.

I must say, I have ordered many of her oils when she sold on Ebay - and to be honest, they were IMO, some of the best I have ever used. But, after she pulled her oils off Ebay and raised her prices, I stopped ordering. Add to that, I didn't like her attitude...I won't go into detail, but I'd rather have spent my money elsewhere.

I must say, I have ordered many of her oils when she sold on Ebay - and to be honest, they were IMO, some of the best I have ever used. But, after she pulled her oils off Ebay and raised her prices, I stopped ordering. Add to that, I didn't like her attitude...I won't go into detail, but I'd rather have spent my money elsewhere.

No,..not her attitude!!! I had a "run-in" with her on this very board in 2006 when she was Snowtop,..and I warned people and some just thought I was "bashing" a business and now look,..everything I have said in the past has come to light with others as well and with her supply business. I knew eventually others would see her true side.

Edited by leisa2003

Here's a whole thread on a wax FB group I found about this and her FP business.

So I think most of us have heard what has happened with Miami Erie and FP anf that whole situation. My question is, do you think what Angie did will affect your purchasing from FP or was it "just business" and will have no affect on weather you purchase from FR or not?

Unlike · · Unfollow Post · 12 hours ago

You and Ronda Stewart Vandruff like this.

Cynthia Rice I this she was very unprofessional by just dropping FO with no prior notice.

12 hours ago · Like

Sheila Gallagher I dont think I'll be ordering from her. It just shows she really doesnt give a shit about her customers

12 hours ago · Like · 4

Avalon Gall I feel it is just business, however it wasn't handled in a very tactful manner at all. I love FP and will continue to buy from destashes. Not sure if it will sway my decision in buying directly from them or not.

12 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Ashley Watkins Nope. I really haven't been buying from FP anyway... this is just icing on the stupid decisions cake.

12 hours ago · Like · 2

Ronda Stewart Vandruff I will not buy from her for 2 reasons. First is I hate her waxes and all her scents smell the same for some reason!?! Second, I feel that her oils were good but her products weren't as good as other vendors products that used the same oils. I feel she...See More

12 hours ago via mobile · Like · 6

Heidi Lynn I'm out.

12 hours ago · Like · 1

Tammy Marcontell I will not buy from her. she didnt think very much to us wax buyers and was focusing on the wholesale of her oils and burned some bridges and now she wants to go back to selling us wax.

12 hours ago · Like · 3

Marcy Bradford ain't run no different then walmart. just business.

11 hours ago via mobile · Like

Ronda Stewart Vandruff If you know anything about her, this is not the first business that she has had. She use to run Snowtop candles, which IMO was amazing tho she decided to close up shop because she has twins! A year later she tries to make it work with a small goods thing with quilts and stuff that led to closing that and opening Front Porch and then Miami Erie!

Sheila Gallagher and I dont go to walmart either Marcy Bradford

11 hours ago · Like · 2

Ronda Stewart Vandruff I'd like to think that Angie was a good Christian person, but it is starting to look and sound like she is not a very good Christian because greed and selfishness is not listed in gods book!

11 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2

Tammy Marcontell she should have filled the orders that vendors placed but instead she just stopped and refunded the money...no notice.

11 hours ago · Like · 3

Ronda Stewart Vandruff I love Karma!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Ronda Stewart Vandruff Just sit back and grab your popcorn!!!!!!

Marcy Bradford least their money was given back

Marcy Bradford have seen worse vendors and business people

Cynthia Rice I don't feel she is a good business person. She does not know the first thing about managing inventory or treating her customers with respect.

11 hours ago · Like · 4

Izabell Ling I slowed down during fall because it was too much of a rat race to get her tarts. Then someone told me I could just buy her FO. I honestly don't know if I will place another order - I don't like what she did - plus her prices have gone up a little - all depends on how badly I want Smoochin by the fire and pink peppermint.

11 hours ago · Like

Sheila Gallagher I'm sure other vendors, who actually respect their customers, will be able to dupe the oils

11 hours ago · Like · 5

Tammy Marcontell we have some very good vendors out there that can come up with a replacement oil and they may even be better.

11 hours ago · Like · 5

Marcy Bradford no doubt. 30 day notice would been nice.

Dale Pierson Strickland yep, she refunded my money and told me she was out of the pink oils I had ordered. Glad she refunded my order but I would have rather had the oils. I think other vendors will be able to find those oils. I hope so anyway.

11 hours ago · Like

Sara Andoga I won't purchase from her again.

Kristin Dye I haven't purchased from FP in a long time, since Angie went to RTS. This whole business with Miami-Erie is so shady, I would never give them business again.

11 hours ago via mobile · Like · 5

Renae Walton I've never used..so I'm happy I'm not affected. I feel bas for everyone tho..I hate poor cs, it really pissed me off. All they had to do was draft an email.

Honestly, do you think something happened? Like a financial situation? I mean maybe that is why she is so quiet about it. It's just shady, but I can't help but wonder if it was somethin out of her control. Lol I'm really tryna understand..

10 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Cynthia Rice I really think she got tired of selling so much FO to other vendors, who were doing triple the tart business she was doing.

10 hours ago · Like · 1

Sheila Gallagher and they were selling more cuz their service is 42856585 times better than hers

10 hours ago · Like

Tammy Marcontell no thats not accurate Sheila Gallagher, they were 92856585 times better.

10 hours ago · Edited · Like · 1

Sheila Gallagher Dangit! I always get that number wrong!

10 hours ago · Like · 2

Laura Johnson Svec I think when it was so difficult to get stock from FP a lot of people went to other vendors and discovered that they were as good or better than FP and Angie lost a big part of her customer base. Now she wants those customers back and the only way she can do it is to cut off her competition at the knees, so to speak. Just my opinion of course

10 hours ago · Like · 8

Dale Pierson Strickland I think your right Laura. I wonder where she buys her oil from?

10 hours ago · Like · 1

Elise Caroline Cullinane i thought i heard she wasn't going to be selling tarts anymore either. i may be mistaken. she lost my business when she changed the way her website/stocking worked. i dont know her and dont know the reasons why but i'm not happy she is cutting vendors off from the oils. not happy at all.

10 hours ago · Like

Becky Hall McMahan I haven't ordered from her in over a year and even before this happened I had no intention of ever ordering again. I think she has a very strange way of running her business.

10 hours ago · Like

Avalon Gall What does she do that's strange? Just wondering I've ordered twice but that's iy

10 hours ago via mobile · Like

Patty Bent I don't agree with what she did as far as giving no notice to customers and canceling orders. It's hard on her customers because they have customers of their own they have to turn around and cancel orders for or delay processing orders. As far as ordering wax, her prices are too rich for my blood and I can get better service and better pricing from others.

10 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2

Sheila Gallagher Her re-stocking was quite questionable...never listened to feedback. She really lost it after leaving ebay IMO lol

10 hours ago · Like

'Tiffany Torres I can just hope that whoever goes back and tells Angie things (because lets face it, not even 2 days after she announces her price increase, and we all say how we'll just buy from the other vendors who use her oils, then she all the sudden stops the oils....) will also pass this along to her, that this will affect her in the long run.

10 hours ago · Like · 8

Sheila Gallagher oh I'm sure its already been passed along. I've said nothing I wouldnt say to her if she asked

10 hours ago · Like · 3

Laura Johnson Svec I totally agree 'Tiffany Torres

10 hours ago · Like · 1

'Tiffany Torres I'm sure it has too Sheila

10 hours ago · Like · 1

Tammy Marcontell no doubt that it has already been passed along...most of the vendors that I use, already have a resolution to her not selling oils. so its ot the end of the world.. I believe she just screwed herself.

10 hours ago · Like · 2

Dana Guthridge-Nolan Not even necessarily the fact that the oil company was sold really affects this for me.

It is that the way the site works for her I could not ever order due to the fact I use a screen reader.

10 hours ago via · Like · 1

Sheila Gallagher Yup...yup she did. But there are those that will buy FP no matter what lol. Best of luck to her

10 hours ago · Like

Patty Bent 5.50 for 4oz is the most expensive I've seen a vendor. I always thought RG and SMT were a bit on the pricey side at a bit over $1 per ounce but FP is getting crazy if you ask me.

I feel like I should add a disclaimer that I still buy from RG and SMT but they are my splurge orders. And vendors have every right to price the way they want and we have every right to buy from or not buy from a vendor.

10 hours ago via mobile · Like

Courtney Dzwir Shank I think if we all leave her group,that will say more then speaking,as she does'nt listen. I can say I am proudly not a member of her group.

9 hours ago · Like · 2

Sheila Gallagher Does she have a group?...or just the page?

9 hours ago · Like

Sheila Gallagher oh I see the group...I'm not a member either

9 hours ago · Like

Cynthia Carlson I used to order from her all the time, i stopped when she started offering 6 or 7 choices a day. I did order a couple of times after thanksgiving but i think im done now. Pretty shitty business tactics, i think most of the old regulars stopped ordering from her already

9 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2

'Tiffany Torres I was going to buy the scents that I couldn't get anywhere else, before she opened back up with the higher pricing, but I won't do that now. I really need to go ahead and unsubscribe to the email so I am not tempted.

9 hours ago · Like · 1

That was pretty interesting to read those comments - I hope Angie read those. I have to agree that most of her tarts smelled the same - the only reason I ever ordered any was to use them as a "benchmark" in making my own. As I stated in an earlier post, her oils were good but her attitude was s**t. I would see so many on her FB page politely complain about something and she never seemed like she cared, she always gave the same dumb stock answer - I found it so annoying. As far as her Christian posts, I thought it was crazy. A REAL Christian doesn't have to prove to others they are one - it comes naturally in their everyday actions. IMO she doesn't know the meaning of the word, but that's just my opinion.

This is her responce as of yesterday to those on her FB page....

Miami-Erie Candle Supply Sorry for the short notice, figured this would give people time during the holiday season when most places are closed to try to find replacements for our scents. Sorry and thanks so much for your understanding.

ETS: Now really,..when most places are closed!!!!! And she had fragrances that probably wont be found anywhere unless she shared that info (which she wont),..so alot of people are just left hanging AGAIN. RRRRRRRR,..she boils my blood, but I know her personally,..she doesn't care about others, only herself.

Edited by leisa2003

Don't worry folks, mark my words, if her tart business doesn't stay as successful as it currently is or as she hopes, she will be back as a supplier once AGAIN.

ETS: Someone should just ask her, instead of "being so kind" to fill orders until Dec. 31st,..why not ask her to share where you can replace some of her oils from (not that she will say) but its worth a shot, or maybe e-mail her about a certain fragrance that she has that you just cannot live without? ;):)

Edited by leisa2003

This is so far away from Christian behaviour that it is almost funny. I have read a few threads where customers are boycotting front porch due to this. I guess because some customers purchase tarts of the companies she has effectively left up sh*t creek.

This is one of the main reasons that I will not purchase fragrances from one man bands, I much prefer to work with fragrance houses when possible. Companies like peaks, Oregon etc are great for fragrances and hardly change like the wind.

This is one of the main reasons that I will not purchase fragrances from one man bands, I much prefer to work with fragrance houses when possible. Companies like peaks, Oregon etc are great for fragrances and hardly change like the wind.

I agree with you,..I tend to buy local from The Candlesource and The Candlemaker Store,..NG is also here in Ohio but I've been spending less with them due to the "hesitant" behavior NG has when dealing with complaints or mistakes.

Edited- to add quote

Edited by leisa2003

Thanks for the info and link on a new supplier...I think! haha!

Karen-I wondered the same thing. I was waiting in the truck for hubby who was in a store and pulled up the site from Beth's link. When I the name included soap supplies, I wondered. Figured I would read more on their site once home and on my computer. I do scent lotion and shower gel bases but mainly get FO's for wax.