Sweating or FO leaking out?

Hello everyone,

I made a candle yesterday, and today it's got little droplets on the surface, and I don't know how to work out if it's the FO leaking out, or if my little candle needs a sweat band because it's freaking hot today?

Details are -

Container candle

100% Ecosoya xcel wax

candy cane FO - 7%

Wax heated to 190, FO and dye added at 180 and poured at 130.

No wet spots, perfect glass adhesion, smooth top, but a bitty patch of frosting near the wick.

It's around 33 C today (93 F) and 60% humidity - no idea if that even makes a difference?

I've not had this problem before, so I don't know what to do about it, or even why it happened? Do I just wipe it off, heat gun the top, or remelt the entire candle and start again?

Is it something I've stuffed up, or something that just happens?

And yes, that my my finger smudge mark from the right to the bottom lol

Thanks for reading! :)

post-13678-139458505625_thumb.jpg

I used to have that problem alot....zap it with a heat gun until top is melted then let it set up again, leave lid off for a day or so. It very well could be the high humidity and temp., or fo, or both. Keep good notes and see if the problem occurs with different fo's or with enviroment changes so you know how to avoid it in the future. Mine would happen if I used a heat gun on it the same day I made the candle. If I let the candle completely set for at least 24hrs then zapped it, they were fine...go figure : /

Weeping/leaking happens to me all the time when it's humid, weather changes. Spring or fall anytime it warms up. If I have 30 tarts on a tray only a few or half will leak, it's random. Like Imc said heat gun the top, some times a couple of times, others I have to wipe off and heat gun. It will stop so don't change anything your doing. It's just such a pain. FO, might suck back in on it's own too.

Thanks very much for the help!

When I got up this morning, it was all gone. Completely dry, and smooth - like it never happened. Well, with the exception of my smudgy finger swipe which is still there!

It is meant to be around 103F today, so it will be interesting to see if it happens again.

Thanks again for the replies :)

This had not happened to me in a long time, then i read your post and THAT day it happened to me again. I left a box of candles on the table and the sun beat down on them. Found leaking FO on the cardboard. Only 3 out of the ten in the box did this. I just hit them with the heat gun so will see how it turns out.