Melting wax in turkey roaster?

My friend started out using one, but found it to be messy to dip her melted wax out of the roaster. I've always used Presto Pots with spigots, although someone gave me a Presto Pot the other day that she wasn't using and it has no spigot, so I suppose I'll find out how neat/messy it will be to dip out of it with a Pyrex measuring cup.

I use my presto as a water bath and I use the pour pots just like on the stove top.

Can you use the turkey thing as a giant water bath and just line up the pour pots inside? It would make it easy to do mass pourings. Just heat the amount of wax in each pour pot and then flavor/color each one and pour in succession. I don't know how much you pour at one time, but it's an idea.

I bought one and used for a short while. Wax melts from the sides and takes too long to heat. Prefer the Turkey Fryer or Presto without spigot.

I have one but quit using it for the same reasons. It does hold an awful lot of wax thou and thats a plus. The downside is the heating time it takes to melt a full pot of wax, the space it takes up on my countertop, and the fact that its just a bit messy having to dip a container in it to get the wax out-- that creates dripping and can get messy.

But I have to say I would use it in a heartbeat compared to the old double boiling pot method.

Seriously, get a presto. I think its much better.

My friend started out using one, but found it to be messy to dip her melted wax out of the roaster. I've always used Presto Pots with spigots, although someone gave me a Presto Pot the other day that she wasn't using and it has no spigot, so I suppose I'll find out how neat/messy it will be to dip out of it with a Pyrex measuring cup.

I use a ladle that has a lip for pouring, and it's not messy if I'm careful. I like the idea of using a Pyrex measuring cup too, but it might cool off the wax more. My ladle sits in my Presto so it stays hot.

I use 2 roasters to melt my wax. One for containers and one for votives and tarts. I have never had a presto so I don't know what I am missing. On days that I am going to be making candles I just start the roaster going early and get other things done until the wax is at the right temp. With the container wax (4630) one 10# slab will take about 1 1/2 hours to melt, about twice that for the votive wax. I love it.