Aztec BF sale........ Need help on FO's

blacktieaffair

Aztec is having a sale ( 4 max for each scent, 50 total ) and some other stuff. I need some new scents for spring and I haven't tried many of their lighter things and floral's. If anyone could give me any help with the following, I'd appreciate it.

I'm using 4794 paraffin , so chances are strong if it works well in soy, it'll work well in mine.

Putting these in melts and MP.

Basil Sage Mint ( is this anything like BCN's)

Black Cinnamon

Bird of Paradise

Blackberry Sage ( is this comparable to Community Candles/Alabaster)

Blood Orange and Goji Berries

Cactus and Sea Salt

Cantaloupe and Lily

Cinnamon Vanilla

Sage and Citrus

Kumquat

Georgia Peach

Mango Paradise

Oatmeal Honey

Passionfruit and Acai

Pink Sangria

Sandalwood

Tropical Horizon

Water Orchard

White Peach and Hibiscus

Wisteria

Edited by Scented

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL Yeah, when you're moving, 1 or two boxes more isn't going to make that big a deal LOL

The massive amount of money that it will take to get everything back, is one this. One major headache.

But let me tell ya, being in an entirely new area, where there is not even one down here so I can see what is selling and isn't, and not having a blasted CLUE what to buy, is the biggest headache.

I don't want to buy a lot of stuff I sold up there, and it not move here.

Such is life, at least if it doesn't sell here, I'll not have to buy anything for a long time ( to use at the house ) cause I'm a melt -o-holic LOL

In the 10 years I was gone, over 2/3 of all businesses has closed. What is left, is flea market type stores and the two in town I would even think about putting them in ( well not really but they are somewhat nicer than the others ), well there's just no business in town. There's no jobs. EVERYTHING is so run down now. The houses, no body and I mean NO BODY mows their grass like they should ( even the hotel and convenience stores don't ).

It's a MESS.

None of it .

NAFTA .......... in this tiny town, we had two huge cotton mills, and I kid you not, 10 sewing factories

and " the good ole' boys club of Covington Co" .

You know the types, the one's that own everything, and don't want any new businesses in ( that was years ago when I was young) and now it's came back to bite them in the ass since NAFTA hit, all of us young ones left, and now no one will come in . We have had a crooked city mayor and council for the past 8 years. Our utility bills here in this town of about 7k , would freak even some of you Yanks out because it's SO high. I've never seen anything like it. They were crooks from the git go but fortunately , we got a new mayor and entire new city council this time .

Wish us luck. We definitely need it.

sounds like my town-although it is probably smaller than where you are-i can remember at least 6 sewing factories, separate men's & lady's shops, shoe stores, etc. now you have to get what you need at wally world or travel at least 14 miles to the closest mall (which is a PITA as i hate to drive). you can see people here shopping at wally's or the grocery stores in their PJ's and even picking up their kids at school dressed that way!

at any rate-i have sniffed OOB the following oils that you mentioned:

Black Cinnamon-like this, reminds me of something, but is mellow/spicy

Blood Orange and Goji Berries-very fruity, smells strong

Kumquat-the one i have was on the discontinued page-smells strong and tangeriney (?), don't know if it is the same one

Mango Paradise-yummy, but not a pure mango

Passionfruit and Acai - very fresh, tart, and fruity

Pink Sangria-love this, OOB can't smell any "wine" thing going on-want to try this for M&P

Sandalwood-no worse than any other, more perfumey-i just got sandalwood extra from New Directions and it is OUTSTANDING-used a few drops on the wrist this morning and stilss smells great after 10 hours!!

Tropical Horizon-very tropical without being super fruity-there is a dry-green thing going on that really smooths this out

hope this helps, but as said, only sniffing, not making. really though, am VERY impressed with the New Directions sandalwood EXTRA (they have like 3 types). this one makes me think of my closet when i was 17!!! i have been sniffing myself all day!

Edited by deisel

Thanks so much Deisel. On the Sandalwood, I think I might try this one, as a mixer ( what I was originally wanting it for ) and get me a small thing of the one from ND and try that out. I love the scent we wore .. well we won't go into how far back it was LOL

The reviews will help a lot. Especially on the Tropical Horizon ( I'm tired of the overpowering fruity tropicals or suntan lotion smelling ones ) and the PS and PA .. same for those.

That Black Cinnamon I hear is pretty good, but it's not skin safe and a bunch were wishing it was.

Guest OldGlory

BTA, I do have some experience with several of those FOs in candles.

Blackberry Sage - Aztec didn't have this FO and I gave them a sample to dupe. My testers said this was better than the original (lol) which cost me about $35 including shipping for a one lb bottle. This is a BIG winner. Gotta get it. Works in 464 and 6006. Very strong. I have no experience with the company you listed above.

Canteloupe & Lily - worked OK for me in soy. I found this to be a pretty soft FO, not a strong thrower. It is a very nice floral/fruity combo.

Sage & Citrus - works for me in both soy and 6006. Again, a medium thrower, very nice for someone who is not overly fond of 'sweet'.

Oatmeal & Honey - used this is CP and one of my small wholesale accts buys it in candles. I would say it's a light thrower, very homey.

White Peach and Hibiscus - in the same category as Canteloupe and Lily.