What to blend w/Pine

leisa2003

I'm mixing blue spruce CS and cranberry orange JS and in the Baggie it smells like a concolor tree- haven't tried it in wax yet though....

Oh, I LOVE Blue Spruce even by itself. :)

I have some regular Pine and I want to try to get it to sell,..its not a BIG seller on it own for me,..so I am going to try to mix it this year.

Those are some great options! I'd like to toss into mix adding an ocean scent. Odd I know. But there's something magical that happens when a piny scent mixes with a floral ocean fragrance. It creates a metallic very clean scent. Not astringent or full on metal smell but something akin to colognes.

Something else to try? How about Chocolate. Might be interesting.

Those are some great options! I'd like to toss into mix adding an ocean scent. Odd I know. But there's something magical that happens when a piny scent mixes with a floral ocean fragrance. It creates a metallic very clean scent. Not astringent or full on metal smell but something akin to colognes.

Something else to try? How about Chocolate. Might be interesting.

Strange you mentioned Chocolate, it reminded me that I have actually boiled pine needles and made a Pine Needle Tea,..its got alot of Vit C in it.

Strange you mentioned Chocolate, it reminded me that I have actually boiled pine needles and made a Pine Needle Tea,..its got alot of Vit C in it.

Hmm? Did you drink this for it's taste or to get over a cold, or just for the heck of it. Sounds interesting, although I'm not really a tea drinker hot or cold. Did it taste good? Might have to check this out! Thanks.

Edited by rctfavr3

Hmm? Did you drink this for it's taste or to get over a cold, or just for the heck of it. Sounds interesting, although I'm not really a tea drinker hot or cold. Did it taste good? Might have to check this out! Thanks.

Just for it medicinal properties. ....

pine needle tea is high in fat-soluble vitamin A, an antioxidant beta-carotene, which is needed for healthy vision (especially in low light situations), skin and hair regeneration, and red blood cell production! The vitamin A explains a few more of the nutrition and health claims, but certainly not all of them. There is more to the tea than just vitamins A and C. There are many components to consider with swallowing a cup of pine needle broth!

Here is a link,..there is a ton of info on this as well on other sites,..http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3126/

ETS: it doesnt taste to bad, I added honey to sweeten it. It tastes medicinal, but not to bad. My husband liked it probably more than I did, but I am not a tea drinker as well.

Edited by leisa2003