clarus 3022 wax

kayearthgrown

I used MWs Lavender Sage which throws strongly in my other waxes.

I still have some 3022 left, I'll try the Pinion in it. Do you think CS Mistletoe throws as strongly?

Hmmm...possible

They only had a 3 day cure and I used the pinion from MW which I can tell no difference with that and CS Mistletoe and it filled my basement- even over the scents of making more testers

This scent throws amazing for me in soy as well so maybe I won't be so lucky with other scents....

Yes I do think they are as strong....

Difference being with the 3022 it started to fill the room faster if that makes sense- with my 415 you can smell it right away next to the candle but it takes awhile to get "going" in a room

But as far as strength and smell- I really can't tell a difference...I wish I could find out IF it really is the same or if my nose just "thinks" it is-- sometimes I am not that great at distinguishing scents! But my fam can't tell a difference either...but they also half the time just shake their head at me - they are not into my whole candle thing! LOL

Oh and- the reason I am so impressed so far mainly is how dang easy and quick this wax was compared to 415- but it's just 1 candle so far....other scents we will see...

Edited by moonshine

I am not sold yet in melts. I have done just one round of testing and just after 1 week of curing so we will see with subsequent rounds.

Problem with me is that my super strong scents are good in anything I put them. I sure wish it was easier for me to tell a difference wax to wax in my melts.

I did that for this test.

A moderately strong one and a weaker one trying to get different results than my typical tests with my super strong FO's.

I get pretty good results with most. I have not hit a blend yet that gives me more that 12 strong hours unless it is a cinnamon or other super strong like Mulberry. Seems to me that melts must be very different than candles in terms of throw since I do fairly well with all/most waxes.

Tomorrow or Saturday I plan to make with a new blend and see.

I have had some pretty positive results with the 3022, but now I'm trying to find a paraffin to mix it with, that I can buy in slabs. And I'm still working on my container blend. I'm thinking of using j50, and m38 for my blends, because that is what my local supply carries. Good thing I really like testing!!

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread up! :)

I just ordered the sample of the 3022. It was my understanding this is already a 70/30 parasoy blend, is it not? Why then would you add more pariffin to it? I am only going to do container candles, though; maybe that's the difference? Do I need to add something to it to make a decent container candle?

My second newbie question is, how do you melt it, since it comes as a slab? Can it be melted in the microwave?

Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT: Just realized this is the Wickless forum, lol! I found the thread using the Search. Maybe you all can still answer my questions? :)

Edited by CandleJunkie

I just ordered the sample of the 3022. It was my understanding this is already a 70/30 parasoy blend, is it not? Why then would you add more pariffin to it? I am only going to do container candles, though; maybe that's the difference? Do I need to add something to it to make a decent container candle?

My second newbie question is, how do you melt it, since it comes as a slab? Can it be melted in the microwave?

It is a parasoy blend. It is a creamier wax and to get it out of molds or cups (I make melts only, not candles) and not to badly smudge in polypro bags, I added paraffin. I played around with a number of combinations but none beat what had been my winning combination. I also decided not to use any wax that I could only obtain at one supplier. If one goes out of business or decides to no longer carry a wax, I would be starting all over again.

It is somewhere between a hard paraffin slab wax (which I break up with a chisel/putty knife and a hammer) and a soft container wax. You will be able to carve chunks off and like other waxes you will need to melt in a double boiler or Presto pot.

• 3 months later...