1st Show this weekend

ktaggard

ahh kt, don't be scared (smile)...After two yrs of reading this forum and testing your little heart out..There's not one aspect of your products that you don't know, nor a question you can't answer..Knowledge is power as they say..The rest is just smiling and socializing..As blacktie said, "you got this"..I mean just look at faithful, one show and she's addicted lol

Guest OldGlory

kt, most of us were scared for our first show, so you're in good company!

Every tiny detail about you and your booth on that day tells people about your business. Things I try to remember when I do a show:

Engage with everyone that you can. Talk to them about your products, their other purchases, the color of their shirt, a great haircut - whatever it takes to get them to interact with you. Be friendly and knowledgeable. Stand up and move around. Only sit down if you must.

Have informative signs out with your products...prices, product information, etc. For those people you might not get to speak with, your signs should give basic information.

If you reach a point that you feel defeated or disappointed, remember that this is just one show and you are going to learn so much just for having done it. You have to stay positive.

Take a notepad. Write down things you want to change for the next show.

And one final note - life really is about the journey. Enjoy yourself, be in the moment.

Thanks for all your support. The show is going fine. I am not selling as much as I was hoping, but I'm learning and figuring out what to do better in the future. A great first show, overall.

I'm sorry you are not selling as much as you had hoped but the learning you get at these shows is priceless and will help you to get better and better!! Take some pics, we would love to see!! Good for you for getting yourself and your products out there!!! Hope you sell bunches more!! Have fun!!:smiley2:

Edited by puma52

Ktaggard, congratulations on your first show! Sometimes the learning experience is more valuable than actual sales. I wish you all the best!

Sales are always wonderful, but what scifi said is SO TRUE ! The more you learn and can tweak, the better prepared you will be when the flood of customers hit you at a show ! Learning the ins and outs of doing shows is something you can't really teach someone. We can tell things we know , all we want, but experience and small screw ups and victories are the things that are invaluable !

Just realized I never gave you an update on my show. It turned out well in the end. I sold out of most of my holiday scents. And I learned tons. I'm excited for my next one in a few weeks. Got some good ideas. Hoping I have enough time to pull them off.

I forgot to take picture. :( Next show for sure.

Thanks, again, to all of you for your support and encouragement.