Home Party Cash & Carry Vs Taking Orders - Opinions/Suggestions wanted.

Going2Adopt

Ok I've done shows, consignment, wholesale and fund raising but have never done a home party (am I an odd ball or what lol) Well a very good customer has asked me to do a home party for her and I crazily agreed. For those who do these do you take 1 of each of your scents and take orders or do you do cash & carry? Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

I like to do a combination... I bring things that are easy to tote - small containers, soaps, lip balms, etc. and then take orders for larger jars, boxes of votives, gift baskets - like that. I use Square for credit cards at paties, too - that makes it really easy and I think people tend to buy more....

Same here - I take a good assortment (all of which they can buy and take) and hand out a scent list/price list and explain that anything they would like that I don't have with me they can order, and advise when the host/hostess will receive said orders.

Like black tie i do both. I had a large amount of stock for cash carry and took orders. Payment upfront of course. I uad a very successful home party the first time i did it. 90% cash carry and remainder as orders. Good luck. Let us know about sales!

I also wanted to add that I hosted the first one and had too much food. I thought I went light on the food. So less than the hostess thinks she needs is better. Also the hostess gift, sales etc. I have one party booked for weekend of November 3rd at a lady's house. This was from the original candle party that I hosted. You'll have a good time. I only wish I had started them sooner!!

I did a party at my sisters. I find they are great, people really tend to buy. I mostly did just cash and carry. When people came in I gave them a gift type bag to shop with . These are what I give my customers their purchases in. I find since they had the bag they could buy more then if they were juggling them. Good luck!

Guest OldGlory

If you've ever shopped at a Claire's, that's what they do: stick a basket in your hands very first thing. So many smart people out there :)