What size HTPs for double wicking apothecary jars using 4627?

I double wick my 10, 16 or 26 oz apothecary jars that are 4 inches in diameter? I currently use LS Zinc 21 or 23 but wanted to try HTP wicks to see if I increase the hot throw.

Can anyone recommend what size HTPs I should use for these jars. I have in stock 83 and 93 -- but should I double wick with something smaller like 52, 62, 73 or are 83 or 93 the right sizes?.

Thanks...your input is greatly appreciated! MJ:yay:

I haven't done exactly what you're doing, but since nobody has come along with an answer, let me point you towards those smaller sizes. I think two of the larger ones will be way too hot and smokey if you use two of them in a 4 inch container of 4627. My instinct would be to start testing with 2 x HTP-52 and go from there.

I haven't done exactly what you're doing, but since nobody has come along with an answer, let me point you towards those smaller sizes. I think two of the larger ones will be way too hot and smokey if you use two of them in a 4 inch container of 4627. My instinct would be to start testing with 2 x HTP-52 and go from there.

This is a good suggestion, i would start with that.