Wicking Wide-Mouth Mason with 4627

Hi folks. I'm having a heck of time wicking a wide mouth pint mason jar with 4627. I've tried zincs, CD, and now I"m trying LX but so far I haven't been able to get a full melt pool in 3 hours. The ones that did give me the melt pool I wanted smoke to bad.

I'm curious as to what is the widest container you have been able to single wick with this wax?

Any suggestions as to what wick to try in this container?

Also wondering if anyone double wicks this jar?

I also have a question about scent throw in your testers. I've been using the same two containers to try to find the right wick. Sandalwood and Lemongrass both by BCN. I burn each candle at least 3 times before changing the wicks and then use the blow dryer to level the tops out. My candles don't seem as strong as when I first pour them. Does using a blow dryer burn off any of the scent?

Thanks.

I am using a wide jar as well 4.5-5" and also use 4627. Having a VERY hard time getting a melt pool. I have tried all the big ones including the zincs and am having no luck. The one wick I havent tried yet are the RRD's so that is my next step. But yes like you have tried the CD's LX's HTP's Paper, cotton zinc.

Scent throw is okay. Havent had one really knock my socks off yet but then again i cant get it wicked right either

Gdawg: Try double wicking with 51z, then 60z and if all else fails......62Z. I had some buckets that I did for valentines and they were 5 in across, i had to double 62 them to get the melt pool out to the edges. Watch for any wax hang ups....they may just catch up after a while!

Hi folks. I'm having a heck of time wicking a wide mouth pint mason jar with 4627.

Is your jar a square mason? To truely test the jar you have to let it burn down to the widest part. It should work with that fo using a 51z, let it burn for at least 4 hours at a time. If it doesn't get it done move up to a 60z. Hope that helps! :cheesy2:

Hi IndyGirl. No this is a round pint canning jar made by Ball. 2 1/2" to 3" dia all the way down. I've tried the 51z, 60z, and the 62z. 51z and 60z wouldn't give me a full melt pool and the 62z smoked to much. I was curious so I tried the 51z to see if it would get a full melt pool. Finally after burning 9 hour it did but still a little hangup on the sides. For each wick size I'm letting it burn 3 hours then blow it out. I do this 3 times before removing that wick. I level the tops with the blow dryer and then put in a new wick.

I'm trying LX28 with the Lemongrass right now. After 2 hours of burning it has a really small melt pool and the flame is really weak almost like the wick is to small.

Thanks.