Sink fresheners

EnvyCandles

I make them but to be honest, they are a hard sell. I sell mostly at craft shows and its hard to explain to each and every person how they work. If you can get them to buy it the first time, they are usually hooked though.

I was not thinking of selling them, just that my sink disposal is gross and sooo hard to clean! I cannot wait to get rid of it when we get the new sink put in.

Assuming some of you have used the fresheners, are they good for cleaning gunk?

I've enjoyed lurking in this thread thinking that, yeah, sure, someone is going to spend money for a designer sink FO. NOT! Just use scotchbrite and soap. Well, OK, the garbage disposal does seem to be out of reach and I don't want to spend the $50 to buy a new one (and a Saturday putting it in). So, now you convinced me, there is a good reason to try this out!

• 4 months later...

Are any of the rest of you having to deal with humidity when making things like this? When I spread this out to dry, my citric acid ends up losing its fizz and everything just clumps up. I was going to make some of this sink cleaner for little Christmas gifts but it's turning out to be just non-fizzing baking soda. :mad: I've been mixing up dishwasher detergent and having the same issue.

• 4 years later...

That thread PAgirl89 referred to above is no longer working.   :(  Do any of you happen to remember the proportions of citric acid, baking soda, and FO in these?

Edited by Darbla