cost of linen spray WOW

pamperme

I am figuring up a linen and room spray and it will cost my customers $12.50 (rounding up from $12.44) for a 4oz bottle.

Is it me or does this sound very HIGH?

bottle $.48

Spray cap $.28

Base $1.68 for 3.5oz

FO .59 for .5oz

Label $.15

$3.11 x 2= $6.22 wholesale

$6.22 x 2= $12.44 retail ($12.50)

:confused:

Sounds right to me. I can't figure out how lots of products we order from suppliers can be worth us reselling. And where is the labor cost, interest on CC, along with utilities all the little things called overhead. Hope the ones that sell "a ton" will tell you how they do it.

You could always sell the 2oz room spray instead. It will lower your price.

It will cut your oil and spray down to $1.13 per bottle so you cost will be $1.98.

Sell them at $4.00 wholesale

Retail would about $5.94 to $7.92

It will make your price affordable for customers to buy.

I have no problem selling my 2oz bottles for $6.50 retail.

I figured the 2oz would be not much better and the bottles are so small. At least the 4oz bottle looks like a nice size.

I think I will have to cut my loss here and sell it for less. I will make more off soap, lip balm and sold perfume anyway.

Guess that is business. Some items you get a higher margin for and others you don't.

Starting to think making my own base would be cheaper but I am already in over my head as it is.

I can harldy ever double the wholesale price on items and sell them. The area here will just not allow that high of a price. I normally just take what it takes me to make it which for you would be $3.11 and times that by 3. So I would sell the 4oz bottle for $9.33 or I would round it off to $9.50!

is there any way to make the base yourself, and cut costs?

http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/form_perfumes.html

check out this chart from snowdrift... it gives you some formulas for sprays.... distilled water is basically a nominal cost.. and you already priced out your fragrance... so you just need to figure the price of the alcohol and insert that where your base is.. say you use 30%, thats 1.2oz for a 4oz bottle. And at .37c per ounce when you buy it in a gallon, thats much less than the base!

Thanks all....I am going to check these other options out.

I am just trying to create a very upscale product. I have used another base before and it was not that great. So now I am trying to find the one with the best reviews.

I might test out some of the stuff that is homemade first. ...if I ever get a chance.

I have been working nonstop the past 2 weeks on a biz plan, and stuff for the bank so now I am in a waiting game and trying to get every thing I can done so I can open as soon as possible if this all goes through. Very stressful!

Too many decisions to make! LOL

I make a linen spray without a base. Preserved distilled water, poly-20, and FO. Works GREAT!

This sounds like the best.. Where are you getting preserved distilled water? I bought a linen spray made with water I have been wanting to try to make myself. It's very light on scent and in a large spray bottle. Have had it for years and it's still good. Must have been made with a preservative.

I make alot of body and linen spray, so I just add an ounce of Germaben to a gallon of distilled water. SO much easier than trying to add preservative to each bottle of spray I make.

HTH![/quote

I use the same method. I get my distilled water at the grocery store for around a dollar a gallon or sometimes less. It's a great money saver. :yay:

I just got a sample of the linen spray from elements with my order. I'm kind of liking it! It does have alcohol in it. But I sprayed my pillow with Apple Cobbler Delight that I also got as a sample (YUM!!). I could still smell it on the pillow in the morning! My home made stuff doesn't last that long so I might have to try that base out in a bigger size!

What ingredients are in the base from the candlemakers store? I won't buy anything without knowing the ingredients and they don't list theirs on their website. :(

Edited by lauramw71

the ingrediets are listed on the package when you get it. i really like it and it is way cheaper than the cyclo. also, it can be used for both body & linen/room spray. ingredients as they list are:

FDA approved alcohol; water; glycerin; propylene glycol; benzophenone-2.

instructions/percentages for use are also on the package.

HTH-kris

Oh that helps a LOT! Thanks! There was another supplier that said their recipe was a secret so they wouldn't give out the ingredients. I just would really have a hard time selling something (when I start selling) and telling people I have no idea what it's made out of... I just might have to try this one!

Thanks so much! :yay: