Bulk Apothecary Sale

soshiegirl

Got this email notification today.

Thank you for being a great customer.

We think it's important for companies to periodically throughout the year show customers appreciation.  We realize that you can give your business to another company and we want to thank you for supporting ours.  Thank You.

$10 off your $29 order:

using coupon code 10giftnow

Today and tomorrow only: ends tomorrow at midnight.

Note: $10 off your order of $29 or more.  Only 1 use per customer.  Not valid with other coupons, special offers or custom quotes. Valid on in-stock items only.  No rain-checks.  Coupon ends Thursday 1/4/2018 at midnight. 

• Like 1

If you make bath fizzies, their price on citric is the best I can find-since I have no local places to buy bulk. 

Their lye prices are good enough to have shipped versus driving to sleeve parts near Chicago to pick up right now. 

@soshiegirl, thanks! I just place my first order with Bulk Apothecary.  

I just used the last of my plastic jars for body butter and needed more shea butter and coconut oil as well.  They had just what I was looking for.  Low profile 4 oz jars.  The jars I used had a narrower opening and it was hard to get the fluffy body butter in them without making a mess.  

I looked at a few of their FO's but I certainly don't need any more, nor do I need another supplier.  :) Besides their FO's are mostly way too pricey for me. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 9:13 PM, GailC said:

I just used the last of my plastic jars for body butter and needed more shea butter and coconut oil as well.  They had just what I was looking for.  Low profile 4 oz jars.  The jars I used had a narrower opening and it was hard to get the fluffy body butter in them without making a mess.  

I looked at a few of their FO's but I certainly don't need any more, nor do I need another supplier.  :) Besides their FO's are mostly way too pricey for me. 

Gail I think some of the jars are on sale today .I want to BA oils ,but do not want to add another supplier.I need to drop some as it is .I have heard they are out of stock alot & only refund you after paying .I guess they do not post when a oil is out of stock idk. Trying not to take a peak lol! 

On 1/4/2018 at 9:13 PM, GailC said:

Code is Plasjars is what I read on my email for jars today . This helps save on jars you may be needing .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Code is Plasjars is what I read on my email for jars today . This helps save on jars you may be needing .

Thanks, but I ordered some jars already with the $10 off sale. I won't need any more for awhile because I don't make that much body butter.   

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GailC said:

Thanks, but I ordered some jars already with the $10 off sale. I won't need any more for awhile because I don't make that much body butter.   

Wish I could find the time to learn how to make body butter .I do make bath bombs with my grand daughter occasionally .The wax melts keep me very busy ,along with my other task .Where do you buy your butter base ? I may get some free time eventually to try my hand at this craft .I also purchased some body wash base from Candlewic ,have not had time to even try & make some .What company do you recommend for body butter base ? Thanks Gail 😀

On 1/10/2018 at 6:15 PM, katmeltswax said:

Wish I could find the time to learn how to make body butter .I do make bath bombs with my grand daughter occasionally .The wax melts keep me very busy ,along with my other task .Where do you buy your butter base ? I may get some free time eventually to try my hand at this craft .I also purchased some body wash base from Candlewic ,have not had time to even try & make some .What company do you recommend for body butter base ? Thanks Gail 😀

It's not a base, but it's really easy to make, especially if you have a kitchenaid mixer.  In fact I asked for a kitchen aid for Christmas in 2016 specifically for that purpose.  :)

I just beat shea butter and coconut oil for a while until it's fluffy, then add arrowroot powder to cut down on greasiness a little, and essential oil.  The most tedious part was getting it into the jars like I said.

Here is the recipe from the Soap Queen.  (Some of her recipes have arrowroot or tapioca powder and some don't.  I just went by another recipe to figure out how much to use)

https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/lotion/easy-whipped-shea-butter-2/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

It's not a base, but it's really easy to make, especially if you have a kitchenaid mixer.  In fact I asked for a kitchen aid for Christmas in 2016 specifically for that purpose.  :)

I just beat shea butter and coconut oil for a while until it's fluffy, then add arrowroot powder to cut down on greasiness a little, and essential oil.  The most tedious part was getting it into the jars like I said.

Here is the recipe from the Soap Queen.  (Some of her recipes have arrowroot or tapioca powder and some don't.  I just went by another recipe to figure out how much to use)

https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/lotion/easy-whipped-shea-butter-2/

Thanks Gail ,I appreciate the recipe.Can you use fragrance oils ,skin safe ? 

30 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

Thanks Gail ,I appreciate the recipe.Can you use fragrance oils ,skin safe ? 

Yes you can. The soap queen lady lists fragrance oil in the recipe link.  I just used essential oil so I could say it was all natural.  I've only made it for family and friends so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GailC said:

Yes you can. The soap queen lady lists fragrance oil in the recipe link.  I just used essential oil so I could say it was all natural.  I've only made it for family and friends so far.

Sounds good 😀I am going to give this a try for sure .

44 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

Sounds good 😀I am going to give this a try for sure .

I researched body butter and there are two ways to make it.  Some people melt the shea butters and oils, then let it cool and whip it.  Or they refrigerate it.  But I liked the Soap Queen's method.  She does say that you really need a stand mixer, as it would be difficult to whip with a hand mixer.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GailC said:

I researched body butter and there are two ways to make it.  Some people melt the shea butters and oils, then let it cool and whip it.  Or they refrigerate it.  But I liked the Soap Queen's method.  She does say that you really need a stand mixer, as it would be difficult to whip with a hand mixer.

I have a really good stand mixer .So excited to give this a try.I know I pay way to much for Bath& Body Works body butter .I like their Winter candy Apple and buy this fragrance oil from Aztec .It is skin safe & smells exactly the same as the BBW .I can make my own alit cheaper & for gifts as well.Thank you for the information on this Gail .

11 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

I have a really good stand mixer .So excited to give this a try.I know I pay way to much for Bath& Body Works body butter .I like their Winter candy Apple and buy this fragrance oil from Aztec .It is skin safe & smells exactly the same as the BBW .I can make my own alit cheaper & for gifts as well.Thank you for the information on this Gail .

If you go to soapqueen.com and search body butter, you'll find a lot of recipes.  The one I picked was one with ingredients I already had, except for the arrowroot powder.  It's a Brambleberry site.

My great niece had eczema really bad all over, and the body butter totally cleared it up.  Her teacher was so impressed, she wants the recipe.  I know we can't make medical claims about our products, but I'm just saying.  :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GailC said:

If you go to soapqueen.com and search body butter, you'll find a lot of recipes.  The one I picked was one with ingredients I already had, except for the arrowroot powder.  It's a Brambleberry site.

My great niece had eczema really bad all over, and the body butter totally cleared it up.  Her teacher was so impressed, she wants the recipe.  I know we can't make medical claims about our products, but I'm just saying.  :) 

I will definitely look at Soap Queen site .I hope this may help my grand daughters skin as well.