To list, or not to list... Is that a Question?

Sponiebr

Ok, so I added FCO as the superfat to one of my batches of soap the other day and it got me to wondering... Fractionated Coconut Oil is by definition Coconut oil... So if I already have coconut oil listed on my ingredients label do I have to list Fractionated Coconut Oil? You know how potato chip companies list ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Contains one or more of the following:Canola, Soybean, Cottonseed, Corn, Fossilized Vegetable (in the form of paraffin)) Is anyone here doing that? I'm not going to use FCO or MCT as a soaping oil, but only as the SF component, and normally it's either OO or CO, (though I might use Avocado oil here in the future...it depends on how fast it will turn on me...) I'm making up ingredients labels and I was just wondering...    

Along these same lines... It would be nice to have 1 ingredient label for ALL of my bars of soap. (I've been reading Soap & Cosmetic Labeling by Marie Gale) It's soap, and it's called soap BUT WOULD it be acceptable, to list additives that are not normally listed in the ingredients by maybe adding a line with: May contain one or more of the following special additives as indicated on the front label (Whole Oat Flour, Salt, Beeswax, or Honey)" and put "MADE WITH REAL BEE'S PUKE erm... HONEY" or whatever on the front label (the front labels are all different anyway) ? Or perhaps the "similar items" "alternative" type of listing of "May contain one or more of the following special additives: Whole Oat flour and Honey in the "Tiffany's at Breakfast" soap. Beeswax in the "Holly's Snickers" Soap, and Salt in the "Goddess Says NO!" soap). One bottom label would simplify my labeling ENORMOUSLY, but if I've just gotta print'm up in sets then so be it... Like for the soaps with VS in them I've got a separate label for those because it's a really significant part of the ingredients...   

Just interested in your thoughts. 

Sponiebr: The Executor of Bad yadda... yadda... yadda... 

I would pose the question to Marie Gale.

Whether superfatted or not, it went into the pot. The amount of which may ( or may not) change the order of the INCI list. Standardizing formulas is the only way I got a hold of my labeling.