4 posts in this topic

HI from Kansas! I am new to making my own scents. I was wondering if anyone has used fo's from Texas Candle Supply? Also, is 464 better than 416? I am currently using 416, of which I love, however I'm curious if 464 will give a stronger and longer scent throw... any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi from Texas! Welcome to the board!

I have used several oils from TCS and he has some really good ones. I love his leather, cowboys on the beach, angel food cake, birthday cake (has a berry scent to it so I renamed it), black ice, buckles and spurs, chaps, leather and lace, sun washed denim, thoroughbred, and I have samples of some of his other scents but I haven't put them in wax yet.

Can't help you with your question about soy, I use paraffin, but I hope the FO recommendations are helpful.

1 person likes this

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it! In your opinion do you think they're strong enough that the 6% would suffice?  I never know if I should just bump a scent up to 10% right off the bat or not. I loathe getting new scents and only using the bare minimum of 6% only to feel disappointed. This forum helps tremendously on what to expect. With CC I only use a between 3-4% cuz of the strength.  Again, thanks for your help!

I only use paraffin as well, so this may not cross over to soy, but if a scent is not within my standards of hot/cold throw at 6% or lower, I won't use that scent. There are too many good suppliers out there with too many good scents to have to fight and struggle with a scent to get it to throw.