The Candlemaker's Store

glasllyn

Another store question. Because I have a problem and I recognize that. The Candlemaker's Store has some really interesting scents, but there are no reviews and very few descriptions, which leaves me with questions like, "What does Morning Mist smell like? What about Mountain Mist? Is the Beef Jerky authentic? Will I ever know?"

If you've been a customer, can you share your experiences?

I hate that The Candlemaker's Store doesn't have scent descriptions, but it's the only supplier within a reasonable driving distance.  I still mostly buy wax and jars there but I have bought a few FO's.

I really like Pink Sands, a YC type, and Bamboo Rainforest which I don't know how to describe, just a clean, fresh fragrance. I bought a specially priced bottle of Botannical Breeze when I was there once, and it sat unused for a few years. But I finally put it in wax, and it smelled better than in the bottle, really nice.

I got Muscadine Grape for my cousin, who wanted 6 candles, and she loved it.  I am not partial to grape myself. Freesia is one of the few floral scents I like.  

I have bought some of the 'special' (cheap) FO's that I haven't liked, especially Mom's Baby Powder.  YUK.  But I have another cousin who loves it.  She is the only one though.  And Apple Berry is not good to me.  Granny's Pumpkin pie is alright.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 7:29 AM, glasllyn said:

I have a tough time ordering without knowing what I'm getting. They'd sell so much more if they at least had descriptions!

I agree! I have TONS of their samples but won't hardly put them in wax because I don't know how to describe them. I hate that too because they have some really interesting sounding FO's.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Belinda said:

I agree! I have TONS of their samples but won't hardly put them in wax because I don't know how to describe them. I hate that too because they have some really interesting sounding FO's.

I just took some chances with Oregon Trail- four scents- and I'll report back on them. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I bought their absinthe once and it went bad in no time.  The scent turned awful in just a few weeks and I had to toss it.  That along with the lack of descriptions turned me off from ordering from them again.

• Like 2