Website

Gosh, it really depends on how much you know/want to learn. Also, it depends on what you want your website to do. Are you looking for a blog type of site, or a shopping cart/sells site?

Wordpress is pretty popular, and simple to learn.

For blogging I started a site in about 15 minutes using blogger. 

For retail sales i cut my teeth on some heavyweights (zen art and joomla). Unless you are happy diving into computer code those would not be my first choices. Am about to build a Wordpress site for a friend. Will let you know how it goes. 

As TallTayl has mentioned, you'll first need to decide what kind of format you'd like to have. 

If you want pages to work on that you would like to interconnect with one another as time goes by, a regular website would probably be best, as with a blog, it's more difficult to connect between the various pages to bring it all together for the navigation. 

Yet, you'll need to either learn html & css or get some templates, or, there are also utility type of programs that help you make the code.  And, you'll need a web host for the page (you can find some for under $7/mo) ... if you want to sell products there, you can create payment buttons on Paypal and they supply the code, or I think they also have a shopping cart program, I'm not sure.  Does your husband or son know a little about html (the code writing process to make your page look presentable?)  I only know simple code and have very basic skills, but I putt along!