water in mold

Hi everyone... I am making pillar soy candles from Ecosoy PB... First batches where coming out nice.... smooth and burning really good.... BUT now I start to get a problem - I do everything like before, but after candles are cooled (overnight) and I release them from molds there is water in the bottom (top of the candle)... and it makes the tops of my candles damaged....

Description-

- Ecosoy PB

- NO FO (I tryied with and without, but result is the same)

- Aluminium molds

- Pouring at 155 F

- Second pour after 3 hours at 160 F

I was searching the forum, but couldnt find any answers to my prob...

Help, please....!

Thank you... I am remelting the damaged candles and watching my double boiler very closely now :) The only thing is that I am not sure, if it is water... because it is very oily this liquid thing on the candle... But when I do make candles, everything is clean (or the tools and surrounding)... so... this oily / watery thing is something else.... I am so confused....

Are you spraying your molds? If so, maybe some spray is sitting on the bottom and creating these little watery looking pockets?

I have had what you mentioned happen to me with 100% EcoSoy PB, but it was the fragrance oil not mixing in. I was rushing things and didn't check the temp and so the FO didn't mix and settled on the bottom of the mold, which then became the top of the candle.

If it's happening when you have no fragrance, then the mold spray is the only thing I can think of. When I spray mine, I let them sit and some collects in the bottom, then I roll it around the edge and pour any excess out. It's a process, but it's worth it when that pillar slides out with no marks and a nice shiny surface.

......love my pillars.......

This is what I was also thinking about, that maybe it is FO not combining with wax good.... and maybe 2nd time some FO where left in the mold... I will try now with new mold to see how it works again... I do not use any spray, as candles are releasing very good from the molds...

I'll let you know tomorrow, if there is improvement :)

Thank you for your posts :)

My guess is water droplets or moisture is getting into the wax and seperating or this particular batch actually has water in it. Its rare but happens from time to time.

Another idea is your heating temp. For Ecosoya PB I would heat to 185-195 degrees F and pour at 180-185 F. For pillar waxes you want to heat the wax and pour at higher temps than container waxes. That may be harder to do using the double boiler method. Plus I find heating higher takes longer and more exposure to moisture getting into the wax using the double boiler method.

Hi everyone

So... I tried again few times and everything is ok again... this oily / watery thing is FO, which is not combining with wax good and as second time (after candle with FO, in the same mold candle without FO) I just wiped mold, FO left in mold created this ugly thing on top of my candle... Need to wash / oven my molds every time, not just wipe them... (so stupid of me)..

Anyway, thank you very much for your feedbacks and now I need to search how to fix my FO and wax sticking together problem...

:)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I have been playing around my pillars and it is sad... Even if i do not add any fo i am getting the oil leek. It is oil what is inside if way which sets on the bottom of the mold , i am confused and terrified. Distributors of the wax as well doesnt Know the reason... Someone, please...

Hi everyone. I have been playing around my pillars and it is sad... Even if i do not add any fo i am getting the oil leek. It is oil what is inside if way which sets on the bottom of the mold , i am confused and terrified. Distributors of the wax as well doesnt Know the reason... Someone, please...