Switching suppliers, and waxes!!

I haven't used my local supplier since I very first started, but now that I will be within walking distance of them once a week, it would be best for me to start getting my supplies there, but they don't carry the wax I am currently using. Also I am sooooooo tired of testing and testing and testing this GB wax and getting the same mediocre results, it's got me pulling my hair out!! I'm thinking of going with IGI 4633A for containers, and IGI 4750A for tarts and such. I have done searches on the waxes, and come up with some good info, but on the 4750, I can't find any recent mentions. Does anyone still use this wax? Anything I should look out for? Or anything else you would suggest that http://www.tristatecandlesupply.net/ carries? TIA!!

I remember reading about it but always under its old name OK6228. Maybe try searching for that to see if there are more recent posts. If I remember right, a few people liked using the OK6228 (now the 4750) mixed with either the J223 (now 4633) or the J50 (now 4636) for tarts. I dont make container candles so I honestly havent paid close attention to the waxes folks use for making wicked candles.

Cajun Candles talks about those waxes in their candle making instructions, here's an excerpt:

CANDLE WAX

I receive allot of emails that ask me, "What is the best wax for making container candles"?

I always suggest that you can answer this question yourself by doing a little research reading to decide which of our quality container waxes you want to choose for your candle making project. We have very detailed information on our candle wax page regarding all the various waxes for making container candles so that you can make an informed decision as to which wax will be best for you. You'll get an idea of which wax will serve your purpose best as you read about them all. Our most popular wax for container candle making is our IGI-4630 and IGI-4633 one pour container wax. The wax you choose will prove to be one of the main ingredients of your candle formulation. We tested literally hundred of brands of waxes before we chose to offer our customers the highly regarded IGI brand waxes, Penreco as our gel wax and our 100% soy wax EcoSoya brand soy waxes. All of these waxes are manufactured especially for candle making and there simply are no better waxes on the market with regard to quality or consistency for making candles. Most everyone that tries our container candle making formula agrees that it is the top formula for making consistent, highly scented container candles. We use a special blend of two waxes to make our highly regarded container candles. We use 60% of our “IGI-4786 container wax ” and 40% of our "IGI-4633 one pour wax” to make a blended wax that offers a wonderful melt pool and exquisite scent throw. With that said, it is not really necessary for you to start out with two waxes. It's an extra expense and one you really don't need. Either wax, the “one pour IGI-4633” or the “container wax IGI-4786” will produce an excellent candle for you on it’s own. I gave you our container candle formula because I promised to give instructions on how to make candles exactly as we do. In case you’re wondering, when using only one of the waxes, most people choose the “one pour IGI-4633” wax as their choice for container candles. Either choice you make, we’re certain you will be happy with the highly fragrant candles you will be making." Read more: http://www.cajuncandles.com/container-candle-making-guide.html

Cajun Candles talks about those waxes in their candle making instructions, here's an excerpt:

CANDLE WAX

I receive allot of emails that ask me, "What is the best wax for making container candles"?

I always suggest that you can answer this question yourself by doing a little research reading to decide which of our quality container waxes you want to choose for your candle making project. We have very detailed information on our candle wax page regarding all the various waxes for making container candles so that you can make an informed decision as to which wax will be best for you. You'll get an idea of which wax will serve your purpose best as you read about them all. Our most popular wax for container candle making is our IGI-4630 and IGI-4633 one pour container wax. The wax you choose will prove to be one of the main ingredients of your candle formulation. We tested literally hundred of brands of waxes before we chose to offer our customers the highly regarded IGI brand waxes, Penreco as our gel wax and our 100% soy wax EcoSoya brand soy waxes. All of these waxes are manufactured especially for candle making and there simply are no better waxes on the market with regard to quality or consistency for making candles. Most everyone that tries our container candle making formula agrees that it is the top formula for making consistent, highly scented container candles. We use a special blend of two waxes to make our highly regarded container candles. We use 60% of our “IGI-4786 container wax ” and 40% of our "IGI-4633 one pour wax” to make a blended wax that offers a wonderful melt pool and exquisite scent throw. With that said, it is not really necessary for you to start out with two waxes. It's an extra expense and one you really don't need. Either wax, the “one pour IGI-4633” or the “container wax IGI-4786” will produce an excellent candle for you on it’s own. I gave you our container candle formula because I promised to give instructions on how to make candles exactly as we do. In case you’re wondering, when using only one of the waxes, most people choose the “one pour IGI-4633” wax as their choice for container candles. Either choice you make, we’re certain you will be happy with the highly fragrant candles you will be making." Read more: http://www.cajuncandles.com/container-candle-making-guide.html

Oh, TY for sharing HS. I think :)

Here's Ravens post until she answers for herself. Probably out working or something instead of trolling the forum. Poor thing!

Jeanie, are you also using the 4627/4625 blend?

Does the 4625 need a repour? If not, I wonder if I should use it in place of the 4786 (my blend is 4633 and 4786, but needs repours). Thanks!